No announcement yet.

MLDP Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just checked ours for fun, last year we were at 20 bucks and 30 does under MLD 3
    the harvest estimator for junction put us at an estimated 38 bucks and 68 does...

i guess they want me to make up for all of the deer you guys cannot shoot

in all seriousness, this is based on deer densities for the area and in our case, we remedied that 8 years ago by getting under control.
    we will stay on the conservation option and use our surveys to dictate the number of tags... there is no way on earth we could ever get to 68 does...

but, i do appreciate how easy the tool is to use... maybe they are moving in the right direction overall, even with a few initial hiccups.

Comment

I just got off the phone with the lady at TPWD in Nac, and she said whatever tags are issued is ALL THE DEER YOU CAN KILL. No tags off your license can be used.

This program is gonna be a flop !

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Under the MLD Programs you could not use your regular tags. there won't be many chose Harvest Option.
        I may be miss interpreting and miss understood our biologist. You have the option to get doe tags and or buck tags.

If you get just doe tags, all does harvested from property will have to use assigned tags. If buck tags are not selected, hunters will use their license tags.

I will call our biologist again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I just got off the phone with the lady at TPWD in Nac, and she said whatever tags are issued is ALL THE DEER YOU CAN KILL. No tags off your license can be used.

This program is gonna be a flop !
          This isnt anything new. That the way MLD has always been. Look at the conservation option before you completely throw it out.

Comment

I just did the estimator on my grand parents old place in Red River County...almost 600 acres and only 2 doe tags. We used to get at least 5 doe tags on lamps. We may have gotten more than that..it has been quite a few years since we had that place. But we wouldn't be signing up for that if we only got two doe tags for our entire 600 acres. We used to see so many deer there...there wasn't ever a shortage of them around our place. We weren't far from the red river though.

Comment

1200 acres estimated 2 bucks 7 does. Two of my other places 0 tags

Comment

I talked to our lamps rep and you can choose doe only under the harvest option and bucks still fall under general regulations. You would use your mldp tags for doe and your license for bucks. Same way it worked with lamps.

Comment

I just checked my lease and it said 6 bucks and 13 does. This is on nearly 3000 acres with 22 members. Last year under LAMPS we had 33 doe tags.

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post
                    I may be miss interpreting and miss understood our biologist. You have the option to get doe tags and or buck tags.

If you get just doe tags, all does harvested from property will have to use assigned tags. If buck tags are not selected, hunters will use their license tags.

I will call our biologist again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct.

Comment

I got
                      3 any buck
                      1 unbranched buck
                      6 does

I think I'll pass

Comment

Just finished putting in for the conservation MLD. Guess we will see if we get accepted.

Comment

Can you use the MLD tags for the does along with the tags that you are given or can you only use/shoot the number of does that they estimate?

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                            Can you use the MLD tags for the does along with the tags that you are given or can you only use/shoot the number of does that they estimate?
                            Use only the tags given.

Comment

Does registering and entering a property bind you in any way to the program, or can you set that up later? I'm almost through registering, but don't want to be tied to their harvest requirements if I don't like them.

With the estimator, for our 575 acres, it is 5 bucks (# of lease members conveniently) and 14 does. I think we could effectively take more deer than that, but I doubt we hit those numbers.

Comment

So I guess that it's best for us to continue to use the tags we are given on our license and not go through the MLDP. Between myself, my two brothers and a couple of friends, we have plenty of tags to help reduce the population. On our property that's just under 400 acres in Menard County, we are going to have to shoot around 10 does and 4 bucks - 1 trophy and 3 culls. I hope and pray that our neighbors will help us in reducing the deer population.

Comment

Working...
                                X