Game Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Cameras

How many do you have? I currently have 18 cameras, (7 different brands) that I'm running, and just bought two more last night. Everyone keeps telling me I have to many, and I keep telling them I don't have enough. I like to keep a close eye on my critters, both public land and private. Anyone else out there have a problem with constantly adding to the collection?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Think I have like 5 now.

I wouldn't want to have to buy batteries etc for 20 cameras

Comment

As long as you enjoy it and can afford it, who cares what other people say?
      Get as many as you want. I have about 20. 10 working and 5 always out.

Comment

My place is small. I'm only running one at the moment. I'll put more out during the season.

Of course I think people should run lots and lots of cameras... so long as they know the best way to mount them.

Comment

Currently have 8 and feel like I need 8 more.

2 coverts
          3 Moultrie
          2 Browning
          1 Bushnell

Moultrie seem to be the better out of them all.

I was at Seagoville Walmart last week and they had 15-20 cameras clearenced in their display case
          Primos Blacklight, Bushnell, Moultrie. I looked at the wife and she said I didn't need anymore. Yesterday she told me we should of picked up a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            My place is small. I'm only running one at the moment. I'll put more out during the season.

Of course I think people should run lots and lots of cameras... so long as they know the best way to mount them.
            That's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by barnag View Post
              As long as you enjoy it and can afford it, who cares what other people say?
              Get as many as you want. I have about 20. 10 working and 5 always out.
              And 5 that you forgot where you hung them?![emoji1]

Comment

I have 25+ but only run 19 year round on feeders and then put out the rest around August through Feb. on trails. About 2 years ago I bought around 15 Moultrie D-40 camera's for $50.00 each at Walmart that came with a 4GB SD card and I wish I would have bought 30 of them because they are all still working perfect. They don't take the best pictures and have a slow trigger speed but I bait all my spots I put them so the trigger speed really doesn't matter. Pictures are good enough for me. I also have several Moutrie M-80 cameras that are over 5 years old and 4 Browning strike force camera's that are over 2 years old all working perfect. Now I have had bushnell, wildgame, stealthcam, primos and other model moutries that didn't last 2 years and some didn't last 6 months. The wildgame and stealthcams were the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  And 5 that you forgot where you hung them?![emoji1]
                  Yes that can be a problem when you have a lot mounted away from feeders, I have forgot about ones before and sure I will in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                    Yes that can be a problem when you have a lot mounted away from feeders, I have forgot about ones before and sure I will in the future.
                    I found one that I had forgotten about last year. It was in a bottom for a year and a half. I just happened to re stumble across it when I went to check on a spot. It was neat to see the entire time lapse of pics in one spot for over a year. It even survived a flood by a mere few inches, and I had a week's worth of duck pictures on it.

Comment

I have about 25 but wish I had another 25 for roads and trails. Definitely tricky to keep up with the batteries and SD cards but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                        I found one that I had forgotten about last year. It was in a bottom for a year and a half. I just happened to re stumble across it when I went to check on a spot. It was neat to see the entire time lapse of pics in one spot for over a year. It even survived a flood by a mere few inches, and I had a week's worth of duck pictures on it.

post pictures

Comment

Uh yeah, I have 5-6 sitting on my desk at home at all times and cameras in threee states and 4 different properties!

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                            I have about 25 but wish I had another 25 for roads and trails. Definitely tricky to keep up with the batteries and SD cards but worth it.
                            Yeah its a hassle for sure when it comes to all the SD cards and batteries. I have to keep a small map or a set of notes to keep up with the cameras. I also label all my cards 1 and 2. Otherwise I end up with a handful of cards and then I can't remember which cards are empty or full.

Comment

Only have 3 out at present for pig pics. In another month or so I'll put them out on the place I hunt wtd and crank up the feeders too.

Comment

Working...
                              X