Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bino harness for elk/muley hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsills View Post
    I see these used a lot. Whats the advantage to a harness pack type system over the strap harness that keeps them on your chest with the pack system.
    Protects the binos, and i don't want my binos attached to me because I use them on a tripod a lot, so they just sit in the pouch. plus having the binos strapped to you they flop around quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      Protects the binos, and i don't want my binos attached to me because I use them on a tripod a lot, so they just sit in the pouch. plus having the binos strapped to you they flop around quite a bit.
      This. I bought the Vortex straps to go with my binos from them and used it 2 or 3 times before I decided it wasn’t going to work for me. Binos bounce all over the place and I’d knock the lense covers off every once in a while without realizing it. I got lucky that I didn’t get any scratches on the glass.

I’ve been looking at the Badlands bino case but haven’t bought anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
        I've been looking at the SoloHunter bino harness. It seems less bulky and you can get an accessory pocket for your range finder.

This one, either the SH or horn hunter version. It's thin and opens up without any excess material in the way.

Comment

love the kuiu

Comment

My elk guide used this. It’s simple and lightweight,it’s all I use now
            Ultra-Light Binocular Harness Color Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018JM01WW..._xMjGAb5DTNJ6W

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
              I use this one for Alaska and Colorado elk. It does not have a rain cover but you can buy a separate one. With a 5500 cubi inch pack on I didn't feel the bharness added any bulk at all.
              All other gear is kuiu. Great gear with some of the worst customer service I've seen. The reason I didn't buy a kuiu harness is because I refuse to buy anything new from them again.
              http://s4gear.com/lockdownx-binocula...s-black-micro/
              I have these / got on sale last year and have never used them. My 10x50 vipers just fit in them so I need to actually try with them and a pack on.

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                My elk guide used this. It’s simple and lightweight,it’s all I use now
                Ultra-Light Binocular Harness Color Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018JM01WW..._xMjGAb5DTNJ6W
                I have one of these made by Rick Young also and use it, very light. If anyone wants one, I have an extra one. Bought two but my son doesn't want to get rid of the one he uses, so the other one is here on my desk. $20 TYD

Comment

Kuiu was too small for me. But did great with a pack. I got the AGC and love it but I carry my rangefinder too. And windchecker. Plus my kestrel and a snack. Lol.

Comment

Dont mean to hijack but Ive got a couple Kuiu XLs if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning towards the Kuiu or the Solo Hunter. I'm thinking the forward opening lid will work better for me.

Anybody have any experience with the Marsupial Bino Harness?

Comment

Badlands Mag Bino Case on sale on Camofire right now for $69.99

Camofire brings you a new lineup of deals on hunting gear, camo and clothes everyday! Our hunting deals are typically 40-70% off retail.

Comment

Kuiu.

It's one of the few with a lid that opens the right way. It's the least bulky. I'm bought a nite-ize metal clip and stuck it to my rangefinder. I hang the clip in the side pocket of the bino harness. Super easy and quiet to take off and put back.

Comment

I'm in this boat... switching from the strap-type that bounces all over the place, doesn't protect the glass, and pulls on me while I'm using them, especially if turning... forget a tripod.

Anyone tried the Sitka?

Comment

I'm a big fan of the KISS system.

I use the crooked horn harness and just tether my 1-piece factory eyepiece cover to the binocular with a paracord loop. Can't get a quieter, compact, user friendly system on the market....imo

Also, the crooked horn sidekick is the best thing since sliced bread!

Comment

Kuiu has performed well for me. I don’t use the bino case with the harness, I swap it out with the included elastic band. The elastic band has a lower profile, keeps the binos secure, and provides rapid access to the binos when stalking an animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X