Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
    This was from about 6 weeks ago.
    I am now down 31 lbs total and I've been stuck for about 2 weeks. Think I need to cut out the artificial stuff and whiskey. Gonna give it a try for 2 weeks and see if it starts moving again. This is easy eating for me except no tacos or beer.

Anyone have a BBQ sauce recipe that's ok? I smoke alot of meat and although still good I miss sauce
    Don't know if the link works, but we have been buying this on Amazon and it's really good! On our anniversary two weekends past, I took this to our favorite BBQ place around Granbury to substitute for their sugar FULL BBQ sauce. The manager even came over and tasted it and said it was better than their sauce. It has NO sugar, low on carbs and at least for us we love it. As usual, it ain't cheap.....

Let's see if the link works.....

Guy's Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ Sauce 18oz Glass Bottle (Pack of 3) Select Flavor Below (Best Seller Sampler Pack with 1 each of: Original * Smokey Garlic & Spicy)

Sold by: E Brands Mart

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      Don't know if the link works, but we have been buying this on Amazon and it's really good! On our anniversary two weekends past, I took this to our favorite BBQ place around Granbury to substitute for their sugar FULL BBQ sauce. The manager even came over and tasted it and said it was better than their sauce. It has NO sugar, low on carbs and at least for us we love it. As usual, it ain't cheap.....

Let's see if the link works.....

Guy's Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ Sauce 18oz Glass Bottle (Pack of 3) Select Flavor Below (Best Seller Sampler Pack with 1 each of: Original * Smokey Garlic & Spicy)

Sold by: E Brands Mart

HEB has been carrying it. I like it, it’s pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
        HEB has been carrying it. I like it, it’s pretty darn good.
        I’m going to keep a look out for this

Comment

I'm going to preface this with the fact that I've only ready the first two and last two pages of this post.... because its 25 pages for crying out loud. lol

For those who have had great results - I'm seeing a lot of "This is the easiest diet" comments. Everything I have read doesn't make it sound easy at all. Calculating macros, test trips, MCT Oil, fasting... that sounds really tough. It seems like you would have to get really focused on those things in order to see the quick weight loss associated with this plan. Anyone can make meals out of beef and cheese - but how far does that take you? Making a lifestyle change to a high fat diet seems more like a science. Are yall doing the bullet coffee, fasting, and calculating macros?

I want to give this nutrition plan a shot, but the science part of it sounds like a pita.

Also... beer. :'-(

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
            I'm going to preface this with the fact that I've only ready the first two and last two pages of this post.... because its 25 pages for crying out loud. lol

For those who have had great results - I'm seeing a lot of "This is the easiest diet" comments. Everything I have read doesn't make it sound easy at all. Calculating macros, test trips, MCT Oil, fasting... that sounds really tough. It seems like you would have to get really focused on those things in order to see the quick weight loss associated with this plan. Anyone can make meals out of beef and cheese - but how far does that take you? Making a lifestyle change to a high fat diet seems more like a science. Are yall doing the bullet coffee, fasting, and calculating macros?

I want to give this nutrition plan a shot, but the science part of it sounds like a pita.

Also... beer. :'-(

You're making it out to be a lot harder than it is. The main goal, when you first start out, is fats 70%, protein 25% and net carbs 5% or less. That's all you need to worry about for a while and the daily caloric intake will take care of itself. There are a lot of keto recipes online along with plenty of cook books as well. It's not just meat and cheese. As far as fasting goes, that will be your choice. Once you're 100% fat adapted, fasting is a walk in the park. There are days I've gone 18 hrs with out even thinking about food because my body has tapped in to its fat for fuel. Bulletproof Coffee, I do it off and on.

Counting calories can be a pain in the arse but if you want to make sure your percentages are on point, then it's an evil necessary until you get used to the eating plan and don't need it anymore.

Dr. Ken Berry on Youtube has some solid video's on the plan along with a lot of others. Jason Wittrock, Goodybeats, Keto Connect, Thomas Delauer, Mark Bell and a whole lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              You're making it out to be a lot harder than it is. The main goal, when you first start out, is fats 70%, protein 25% and net carbs 5% or less. That's all you need to worry about for a while and the daily caloric intake will take care of itself. There are a lot of keto recipes online along with plenty of cook books as well. It's not just meat and cheese. As far as fasting goes, that will be your choice. Once you're 100% fat adapted, fasting is a walk in the park. There are days I've gone 18 hrs with out even thinking about food because my body has tapped in to its fat for fuel. Bulletproof Coffee, I do it off and on.

Counting calories can be a pain in the arse but if you want to make sure your percentages are on point, then it's an evil necessary until you get used to the eating plan and don't need it anymore.

Dr. Ken Berry on Youtube has some solid video's on the plan along with a lot of others. Jason Wittrock, Goodybeats, Keto Connect, Thomas Delauer, Mark Bell and a whole lot more.
              Ok. I'll check those out. I eat very very low carb anyways, so that part will not be difficult. Beer and bourbon are why I do not lose any weight, and I know that. Sounds like I need to make sure I'm formulating properly to achieve ketosis, and not just a low carb nutrition plan.

Are the test strips necessary? Maybe just in the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
                Ok. I'll check those out. I eat very very low carb anyways, so that part will not be difficult. Beer and bourbon are why I do not lose any weight, and I know that. Sounds like I need to make sure I'm formulating properly to achieve ketosis, and not just a low carb nutrition plan.

Are the test strips necessary? Maybe just in the beginning?
                The strips are not necessary. Some say they are good, while others debunk their effectiveness. Plus, once you reach ketosis and fat adaption, the pee sticks have been known not to work properly because, you're using the ketones for fuel and not pissing them out.

As far as the booze is concerned, I would lay off for at least a month. Also, your tolerance level will plummet while on Keto.

Also look up supplements to take to avoid the "keto flu".

Comment

Well it looks like the fasting is working. I got the scale back to moving again and in the right direction. I have only had two cheat meals since I started and maybe a few patron silver on one occasion.

Comment

Folks who are drinking whiskey and beer daily are NOT in Ketosis...

Comment

Well, I worked out hard Friday, played 18 holes Sat morning then worked out hard again Sat afternoon. Had a 4 fingers buffalo trace Sat evening but otherwise was strict all week. Sunday I took a green coffee bean extract pill before church knowing I’d cheat at my Father’s Day brunch. Had chicken fried steak, taters and 2 pints of Back Pew Hopostle (Sunday after all) but then hit the gym again and ate strict Sunday night. Great workout this morning and made it through the day on one BIG keto coffee. Strip was dark pink just now and I feel great so I’m not touching the scale[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

?

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Folks who are drinking whiskey and beer daily are NOT in Ketosis...
                        Been told by a physician and several other sources the Liquor "part" is not true? Beer is no question with the carb content...so can you elaborate on your statement? Of course, what you mix with the liquor will affect depending on carbs, etc. Not challenging, but just qualify the statement please.

Comment

I'm 1 week in and already down 9 pounds. I feel like that is too much too fast but we'll see how it goes in the coming weeks. The hardest part for me has been trying to keep the carbs down around 5%. I'm going to have to look at some of the meal plan videos to get some ideas.

I picked up some urine strips today and they show moderate to large ketones. I guess that means it's working.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                            I'm 1 week in and already down 9 pounds. I feel like that is too much too fast but we'll see how it goes in the coming weeks. The hardest part for me has been trying to keep the carbs down around 5%. I'm going to have to look at some of the meal plan videos to get some ideas.

I picked up some urine strips today and they show moderate to large ketones. I guess that means it's working.
                            The 9 lbs is most likely 100% water weight. It takes a while for the fat to start stripping off. That is not uncommon with keto.

Comment

Thomas can explain it better than I can but the way I see it, liquor once or twice a week in moderation may be ok but it will stop the ketogenic process. Daily, in my opinion, would be a no no. If you like to drink on weekends, you might do some research into Keto Cycling.
                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz-mlFMQXjc"]How Alcohol Affects a Ketogenic Diet: Carbs- Thomas DeLauer - YouTube[/ame]
                              Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              Been told by a physician and several other sources the Liquor "part" is not true? Beer is no question with the carb content...so can you elaborate on your statement? Of course, what you mix with the liquor will affect depending on carbs, etc. Not challenging, but just qualify the statement please.
                              Last edited by Rack Ranch; 06-19-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I've gotten all of the fat/carb/protein ratios planned out, meals prepped and ready to go.

Today looks like this:

3 links turkey sausage, 1/2 avocado

1 cup kale saute'd in ghee with one free range poached egg

2 chicken tenders dipped in egg and rolled in crushed hot n spicy pork rinds, bacon/cheddar cauli mash, 1/2 a zucchini saute'd in ghee

1 cup lettuce with Tessemae's Zesty Ranch (19 grams of fat per tbsp)

buffalo chicken casserole (made with spaghetti squash), 1 cup lettuce w/ Ranch

This is a TON of food, but it's what I have to do to meet the macros that were calculated. Seems crazy! LOL

I'm also cutting the alcohol - beer and liquor for the first month. I want true results.
                                The tricky part is going to be the 10 days in Colorado. I'm 2 weeks out on that. I think the no carb part will be fine, but getting enough fat could be tricky.

Comment

Working...
                                X