Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
    Using a conibear 110 on my fence

Hot glue a pecan between the trigger wires. They cannot resist it.

Comment

Try large rat glue traps

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
        I've trapped nuisance squirrels with a small wire trap from Tractor Supply.

A glob of peanut butter on the trigger, then mash some pecans into the peanut butter.
        Same trap and haven't been able to trap any squirrels, and also have done the trap mods, and now have the rat trap where you hang down the pecans to drop the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
          Same trap and haven't been able to trap any squirrels, and also have done the trap mods, and now have the rat trap where you hang down the pecans to drop the gate.
          Obviously I don't know what your yard looks like, but mine has a typical cedar picket fence.

The squirrels use the top stringer as a runway, so I hung the trap on the stringer.

They were depredating my vegetables, so I baited the trap every morning, if I caught one, I baited again. Caught and relocated 15 in 4 weeks time. And then there were no squirrels.

Of course, I followed all of the regulations regarding trapping and relocating nuisance squirrels. Those regulations do exist.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
            Did you try different baits and/or movimg the trap? I have mine set up right below where they are coming in. Hopefully i get some action this weekend

Comment

The 110s are deadly, im a fan of snaring them. No different that any other method, I just think snares are neat!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tradslam; 01-06-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                The 110s are deadly, im a fan of snaring them. No different that any other method, I just think snares are neat!
                I don't know anything about snares but i think they would work best since i could literally set those at the entry point. I need to get my google and YouTube searches going on snares

Comment

I have had the same problem with squirrels in the attic. I’ve twice ran them out and repaired the hole only to have them chew another one. I have trapped quite a few in the yard but never in the attic. I’ve tried live and snap traps with all kinds of bait. An exterminator told me it is hard to catch squirrels while they are up there - won’t go into traps for some reason

Comment

I caught one in my sisters attic a while back. I tried all kinds of baits. Finally I put a small bowl of water in the trap. Little devil finally got thirsty.

You guy's that are relocating them need to relocate them into a pot of squirrel and dumplins.

Comment

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
                      Oh Snap!
                      No you didn't

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                        Using a conibear 110 on my fence

I’ve caught a bunch this way. Only difference is I set the trap horizontal and baited with sunflower seeds.

I wrapped tape around the trip wires and glued the seeds

Comment

Corn or sunflower seeds works good for me in a live trap.

Comment

One of the old guys showed up to deer camp with a bag of rat traps. He was sitting by the camp fire unwrapping them and putting rubber bands around the bait trays. I asked if he had a rat problem in his camper and he said no he was going to catch some squirrels around his stand. He smeared peanut butter into the rubber bands on the bait tray and screwed them to trees around his deer stand. He came in the next morning with 4 squirrels to clean. He said he would be almost asleep sitting in the stand when he would hear one go off and he would smile. He said he saw more deer mostly from the traps keeping him awake.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                              One of the old guys showed up to deer camp with a bag of rat traps. He was sitting by the camp fire unwrapping them and putting rubber bands around the bait trays. I asked if he had a rat problem in his camper and he said no he was going to catch some squirrels around his stand. He smeared peanut butter into the rubber bands on the bait tray and screwed them to trees around his deer stand. He came in the next morning with 4 squirrels to clean. He said he would be almost asleep sitting in the stand when he would hear one go off and he would smile. He said he saw more deer mostly from the traps keeping him awake.
                              I could hear them traps a snapping, lol

Comment

We had one get in the attic by chewing into the ridge vent. I could not catch him in a box trap or rat trap. He was a smart one, much smarter than me. So I go to tractor supply and buy some glue boards for rats. I did not know you supposed to screw them down to the floor.

Well Mr. Bushy tail got caught in the glue boards and was making all the racket in the attic. I go up there and this guy has two glue boards stuck on him and he is mad. He was running on the rafters with glue boards stuck to him. So I went and got a dip net out of my boat and snagged him up.

I took him outside and let him loose, he still had the glue boards stuck on him. About a week later the neighbor lady asked me if I had seen that hairless squirrel . I had forgot about that dang squirrel and thought she was hitting on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X