No announcement yet.

What credit card do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabela’s isn’t cheap. I can always find stuff cheaper...and often better equipment. I’d rather have the cash and spend it how I see fit. If Cabela’s turns out to have what I need at the right price, no biggie since money is fungible.

Comment

Capital One Venture card. 2x miles for every dollar spent.

Comment

None

Comment

Chase Freedom Unlimited. 1.5% cash back on everything, no annual fee, 0% APR for the first 15 months. I’m the same as you, I pay cash for everything, but I needed to build up my credit. I use the card for big purchases like gun/truck parts and then jewelry for my wife so she’s not mad about those purchases. Pay it off every month and rack up the cash back.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Cabela’s isn’t cheap. I can always find stuff cheaper...and often better equipment. I’d rather have the cash and spend it how I see fit. If Cabela’s turns out to have what I need at the right price, no biggie since money is fungible.

I find that buying big purchases from Cabela’s online is pretty comparable to other places. I also wait for a 10% off purchase to big big ticket items. This week I was looking at a NF ATACR for $3000 with 10% off and free shipping. The tax was also 5% vs the 10% I would pay locally. Add onto that 5% back on the Cabela’s card and it beats would I could buy it for on the big optics websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a Discover Card (don’t remeber which one) that I’ve had since I turned 18. After I got out of high school i decided I wanted a new truck but nobody would finance me because of no credit, and I was determined to not have a co-signer. Got one of theirs and used it sparingly and within a year my credit score was 725+ and I was able to get myself a new ride and I never got rid of it. I typically use it for a couple tanks of diesel a month and then pay it off. 5 years later and I’m on my way to an 800 score!!

Comment

The Citi 2% card is hard to beat. No annual fee and 2% cash back on everything purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                  None
                  Why

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                    Cabela's....pay it off every month and earn Cabela's $$$
                    ^ This

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Why
                      Because we pay cash for everything no need to pay a interest rate. Live within your means is what we live by.

Comment

What credit card do you use?

Because we pay cash for everything no need to pay a interest rate. Live within your means is what we live by.

Congrats on giving away at least 1% on everything you pay cash for.

You a Dave Ramsey guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabelas, it gets me a new toy every Christmas.

Comment

I have an rei mastercard. I get 1% on everything and 5% back on rei purchases. They had a promo where they were giving away a $150 gift card if you used your card so much the first month so I opened an account.

I have a discover card for my wife that gets 5% back on gas and 1% on everything else.

Comment

There is no interest if paid in full every month. You can easily earn 2% cash back on every purchase that doesn't offer you a cash discount. You get purchase protection with a credit card.

Comment

m
                                Great way to live but doesn't mean you can't take advantage of the benefits of using a credit card.

Comment

Working...
                                X