Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked for Sweet-n-low at Jackinthebox the other day and 3 employees didnt know what I was talking about. I finally said "pink sweetener" before they figured it out.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      Bad parenting....

People support their kids financially all the way through college and BEYOND, then wonder why they fail to launch. Pathetic parenting.

People don’t discipline their children.

People make up excuses for their children.

People honestly believe that their children are perfect/special.

That’s how you end up with people that can’t cope.

also these kind of people are trying to dictate to the rest of us how we raise our own children. Its legal to spank in texas but that doesn't mean that when your 9 yo gets 3 licks for lying that a snowflake teacher wont call cps. and once they open an investigation they got you whether you get charged or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Who said anything about "raising people's" kids??

Schools are institutions of learning.. They do not teach anymore.. Our school systems have been politicized... Try common core math and get back with me..
        Ask any senior how many quarts are in a gallon, how many inches are in a foot, how many pints in a quart, how many 8th's of an inch are in a inch.. The list goes on... And these are just the basics.. I learned these in the 4th grade.. It's greak to many seniors these days..

Angleton High school has done away with all vocations. No welding. No wood shop. No auto mechanics.. How in the hail can a school system possibly justify this??????? They can't.. Their answer was "we can't find instructors" bullshat!!!!!!

It's ridiculous.
        The public school systems Are broken.. They are a politically driven sad site these days..
        Love!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          No it's not. It's on the parents. And as much as I roll my eyes these days, I try more and more to explain situations like these to the person. Be part of the solution...

To hear people talk about other people's kids, your kids should be millionaire's by 30.

I went to school with some 1st rate morons...and several of them are millionaires right now....
          Do you have kids in the public school system now or have you ever had kids in the public school system??

Comment

This is all too common these days.
            My son was in FFA in high school. The ag department ran the concession stand at football games. My wife and I would help out. We had to train these kids, how to add and make change. By the third game we had dang good kids working the front. At first , two popcorns, a snicker and a coke would blow their mind. After a little coaching, they had it.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
              Maybe she was trying to save you a few cents because she rang it up like that before and got chewed out by someone and was letting you know for $.25 more you could have 4
              Fair enough and I can and understand that. However, that wasn't this poor girl's intention.

What's the old song? "If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough".

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Short answer: their parents

Comment

Reminds me of this poem:

Smart

My dad gave me one dollar bill
                    'Cause I'm his smartest son,
                    And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
                    'Cause two is more than one!

And then I took the quarters
                    And traded them to Lou
                    For three dimes -- I guess he don't know
                    That three is more than two!

Just then, along came old blind Bates
                    And just 'cause he can't see
                    He gave me four nickles for my three dimes,
                    And four is more than three!

And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
                    Down at the seed-feed store,
                    And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
                    And five is more than four!

And then I went and showed my dad,
                    And he got red in the cheeks
                    And closed his eyes and shook his head--
                    Too proud of me to speak!

- Shel Silverstein

Hoggslayer

Comment

Stopped at DQ in Leonard last summer on the way home from a baseball game. My boy and I ordered a couple burgers and what not. The girl said that’ll be 15 and some change - can’t remember exactly. Anyway I gave her a twenty and she locked up. After a blank stare at the cash drawer she said, and I quote, “I don’t Have my phone on me so I’m not sure how much change to give you.” Went and got someone else to make the change.

Comment

I like me some sweet tea and buy it by the gallon at the fast food joints like Taco Casa, Chicken Express, Sonic, etc. Problem is, most of their sweet tea is TOO SWEET for me so I ask them to “custom” mix it. Instead of “all sweet” I prefer about 75% sweet and the rest unsweetened so when ordering I will say “please mix it 3 quarters sweet and 1 quarter unsweet”.

You simply can’t believe the hours and hours of entertainment value I’ve had to endure listening to some of today’s youth mull over the math trying to figure that little equation out! BEYOND COMICAL!!

Comment

They’re morons for the most part. I believe Einstein said it best:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ADF73278-8026-4FC0-B246-7579204AFDD4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	24522529

Comment

I went into Royse City whataburger and asked for a large chocolate shake. Cashier says is that for here or to go?

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by demtx View Post
                                My bud and I ordered DQ dudes, mine was all the way, he told them 'cut the tomatoes'. After a couple bites he got a funny look and lifted the top of his dude. Yup, there was his tomatoes all chopped up like he asked for. I was rolling.

I ordered a burger with mustard and lettuce only from the dripping springs DQ. You guessed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X