Hunting log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting log

Anyone else log their hunts? I never have but I’m going to start this season.

Thinking date, weather, wind direction, moon phase, stand, game sightings and times, game taken, etc.

I’m curious to know what others are doing...

Sounds like a good idea until that second entry and you’re like man. This is lame..

Comment

Might give you something to do while you wait for a big one. I am trying to get better at logging this info for reloading and vehicle maintenance but so far thats about it

Comment

I am 63, and I wish I had a log of every hunt I had been on. I think it would be good for my children and grandchildren.
        I did a couple of seasons 25 yrs ago on a computer, which then crashed with no document backup.

Comment

There was a thread a while back where a guy shared his. Ended up noticing a trend of good hunts following a pressure change. Or something like that.

Comment

I have seriously slacked on this the past 2 or 3 years. I used to log every single hunt and found it to be very useful info for looking back on. Date/Ranch/Stand or Area/Weapon/Baro Pressure/Temp/Moon Phase and Wind. Then a description of the hunt.

BlackHogDown-I recall the thread and I think the noticeable factor was wind changing directions and causing bucks to move and re-bed in order to get the wind back in their favor. I forget that thread title, GarGuy has a similar thread called The Corner Effect or something.

Comment

I log all of my bow kills. Started doing this when I was 17. 52 yrs old now. I used to log all of my hunts in a separate notebook but have not done so this season.

Comment

Look on e-bay they have some neat leather bond journals to record specific activities such as hunting etc, pages a geared to record pertinent information, may seem lame after second entry but in 5, 10 or 20 years you will be glad you did.

Comment

I don't ,but looking back, I sure wish I had. All those unforgettable times have someone become kinda faded ( but not for forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    There was a thread a while back where a guy shared his. Ended up noticing a trend of good hunts following a pressure change. Or something like that.
                    I remember the thread, lots of useful information in there.

I have not logged any hunts, but I think I am going to start. I am also going to start logging information on days that my target buck shows up. Which is once every 4-7 days days here lately.

Comment

I logged each hunt when we had a lease. It started as a way to track movement related to weather but I threw in other tidbits as well. Found it a few weeks back and read through some of the hunts, funny what you forget in just a few years.

Now I hunt public so there isn't much to document.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        I logged each hunt when we had a lease. It started as a way to track movement related to weather but I threw in other tidbits as well. Found it a few weeks back and read through some of the hunts, funny what you forget in just a few years.

Now I hunt public so there isn't much to document.
                        You could record how many people you can hear rattling and grunting from your spot. Opening morning I swear I could hear at least 3 groups. You could also hear them chatting to each other.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a good Idea. I'm going to start one for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            I am 63, and I wish I had a log of every hunt I had been on. I think it would be good for my children and grandchildren.
                            I did a couple of seasons 25 yrs ago on a computer, which then crashed with no document backup.
                            I've done this. Running log of every successful hunt I've been on starting with my first deer. Hope my grandkids will enjoy reading it one day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to when I waterfowl hunted

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X