Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it illegal to shoot bow in your yard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
    My next door neighbor at A&M used to put his bow target in his kitchen then shoot from the front sidewalk through his living room and into the target. If he missed that target, he was going to hit his icebox. It was cool.
    Last year, someone posted a pic of an arrow in their fridge. Was that your friend?

Comment

Originally posted by NUTT89 View Post
      it is illegal in lake jackson because someone shot a cat with crossbow 10 or so years ago and it died in its owners yard with the crossbow bolt still in the animal with the shooters name on the bolt.

as far as bcb join the greenwood gun club and you can shoot at all the gun ranges and also shoot the bowrange.
      Thanks for the background. It's a shame that one irresponsible person can ruin it for everyone else.

Comment

I do it in the front yard and the sherrif has waved at me once or twice while I was doing so...

dont know if its legal or not, but I am just on the city limit line.

Comment

This is how San Antonio's City ordinance reads...They covered sling shots with bows?

It shall be unlawful for any person within the city to throw stones or other missiles, or to shoot with a bow and arrow, or to shoot or discharge any stone or other missile with or from a sling or from an elastic spring.
          Last edited by STXBOWHUNTER73; 08-17-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

i guess i shouldn't have been stalking the darn armadillo in the front yard this morning. he's on my first bowkill hit list. hehehehe

Comment

If you think it's safe and set up the target so you shoot in the back yard towards your house and not the next guys, who's to know or complain?

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
                Back in my teens we used to go to a archery club/range down on......I think it was Vance-Jackson. Is it still there?
                He moved off of Perrin Central only has one shooting lane now,,

Comment

Not legal in my city.

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
                    He moved off of Perrin Central only has one shooting lane now,,
                    Too bad. They had a good set up back then.

Comment

if no one can see you diong it.. i wouldn even take the time to worry about it

Comment

Originally posted by doug lilley View Post
                        x2

Comment

Originally posted by doug lilley View Post
                          ^^^^^^ this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                            I just spent 30 minutes researching the spring/houston city ordinances and found nothing about archery... does anyone from spring know if there's an ordinance against shooting on your own property?
                            you might want to check on ordinances regarding the discharge of firearms and then see what their definition of a "firearm" is. In San Antonio a bow is lumped into the firearm definition hence why its against city ordinance to shoot em...

EDIT: I stand corrected...I just looked up the current city ordinance and it looks like the definition of "firearm" has changed for San Antonio:

"Sec. 21-151. - Definition of firearm.

As used in this article, the term "firearm" shall mean any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile through a barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance or any device readily convertible to that use. "

I don't know when that changed but it reads as if it's okay to shoot a bow within city limits now
                            Last edited by JonBoy; 08-17-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by awatsonjr View Post
                              That's another reason why I don't live in Lake Jackson
                              FIFY!

Comment

Saw a video of a guy shootin arrows into a target inside of his house while his wife was not home.

Her cat ran between as he shot. He got it on video. Had to go tackle the cat and remove the arrow. Go to the vet.

I bet he is single now.

Comment

Working...
                                X