Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the write up Alex. I hope you have another opportunity to get you a kill with the bow, but the main thing is to have fun and it sounds like that has not been a problem for you.

Good luck.

Comment

Hate to hear about that Alex. Now put that behind you and go thump something.

Matt

Comment

It ain't nothin but a thang Alex, albiet a costly thang. Just keep after it.

Comment

Keep at it Alex.

Comment

Hello all,

Today is 9/10/12, I received Sacagawea with much anticipation and excitement. My name is Michael Buffington I am 34 years old, a native Texan (thank God). I have 4 beautiful children, 2 boys and 2 girls. I live on the Gulf Coast, a little town between Galveston and Houston called Santa Fe. I find myself a busy man these days coaching little league baseball and soccer, both my daughters are in dance and my oldest just made the High School drill team (which means I'm at the football games every Friday night). Somehow I still manage to find time to shoot bows several times a week and even get to do my fair share of hunting.

I have been a Police Officer for going on 12 years now, a supervisor for the last 5 of those. Law enforcement these days can be trying at times you can go from hero to zero in the blink of an eye. All and all It's been a wonderful carrier choice even though I've been on both sides of the coin many times. To me, as I'm sure to many of you as well, bow hunting has always been my escape from the day to day stressors of life. Getting out in the deer woods or just shooting in the back yard is my time to unwind and decompress if you will.

I have been bow hunting since I was a kid. I killed many a rabbit and birds and did a lot of bowfishing in the local rice canals as a teenager. I killed my first big game animal with a Recurve when I was 17, a beautiful Corsican Ram. I've been hooked ever since that afternoon in the Hillcountry and I have felled many of animal since then with the stick and string .I am very fortunate as my deer lease is only 50 miles from the house and is loaded with hogs and a decent number of deer. I'm looking forward to my month with Sacagawea and plan on getting a few pig hunts in before deer season starts and if all goes well I will try for a deer on opening weekend.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Michael. Shed some blood and share some ldp's!

~Eric

Comment

Working on getting consistency at 20 yards.
                Attached Files

Comment

Michael ,
                  Nice shooting as well as a nice write up.

Comment

Lookin good Mike. Shoot something with here and your own new SR will be on its way soon. Bob

Comment

nice write up, best of luck with your hunting.....waiting for the reports.

Comment

How many kills is this bow up to? We need a trophy page for everyones LDP's.
                        Great stories from all

Comment

This might be one of the best things I've seen on TBH.. I bet I have to been on this area of the site twice in the past five year years.. Great stuff..

Comment

Great write up guys. I cant wait till my turn. Im needing some inspiration.

Comment

What is the latest on the adventure?

Comment

Great write up and some nice shooting Michael. Now where are the LDP's?

Comment

Working...
                                X