Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bow should be on the way to Alex at this time......Charles, I know you are a busy guy, but come on....we want your write up.

Comment

First time Charles was at a loss for words

I'm typing this at 30,000 feet over Mississippi pretty cool!

Comment

Oh wow you guys are hammering me! at least I know i am LOVED! I sent GatorGar a PM and have yet to recieve his address............and yes busy is no where near the right term, OVERWHELMED and then some.............but it is coming

Comment

I got the message, and will reply tonight. I still don't know if I'll be home this weekend, and it will be of no use to send it there if I will not be home for 3 weeks. Will find out tonight and tell you where to send it.

Comment

Hi..............My name is Charles Jones.................I am 42 years old, Big, Hairy, and Crazy...............and I am an ADDICT!
            Thanks to Jimmy Halloran (stumpshooter) for helping me over to the Trad side, as well as many other TBH'ers who have answered relentless questions about Trad Archery from me over the last 1.5 years. I have been Bowhunting with a compound since 1992 and decided to kick it up a notch and join the Trad side........This is my story.

I like Orange and I cannot Lie! (Touche Bisch) Now you will hear the rest of the story.
            Pictured below is the SACA Bow the day after it arrived.........More details coming soon!
            Attached Files

Comment

Great start to the story Charles, can't wait to hear the rest!

Comment

Got conformation on delivery and a delivery day of Thursday

I'll try to get started with my bio today. Thanks Charles

Comment

Lets hear some more Charlie.

Comment

(2)This is My Story (con't) I am Married to my wife Mary and we have 4 children/grandchildren....Hayley (Hayley Bug) on TBH, Emaly, Malorie, and Mark Jr. They are 13, 10,9,and 8 years of age. They all shoot Bob Sarrels Longbows, just in case you haven't seen any of the AFC PARIS albums on FB here.....http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archer...24?ref=tn_tnmn
                    I had just returned home from a long but AWESOME day @ Archers For Christ Paris, Texas. It was a regular club 3-D tournament day. I pulled into the driveway as the mail man was dropping of a short square box. I was hoping that it was my BHTA (Bounty Hunter Traditional Arrows) that had been on order for 6 months.....forever and then some (Hi Derek). When I got to the porch the mailman asked what it was, I told Him that I hoped it was my new arrows, But IT WAS So MUCH MORE! SACAGEWEA had finally landed in Paris, Texas. The mailman asked if help me open it up so that he could see what was inside and I could start taking pics and then post them to the would be followers of the Trad way on TBH. The box was resting against my front door, it was Pristine looking, and the box was calling my name. I threw the mail man my phone and started tearing open the tape to get to the treasure inside. I finally got all the tape out of the way and was able to gently slide the contents from the inside of the box onto the porch. as the Predator camo case cleared the box and touched its resting place on the now opened box, the Mailman gasped with excitement at the goodness we both longed to see.
                    Attached Files

Comment

(3)This is My Story (con't) The Preadtor camo bow case has been freed from the awful brown packaging that once held it captive. The mail man reached to touch the case as I was taking the first of many pics of this wonderful 30 day journey, and all at once I hollered" What in the heck are you doing?" startled he jumped back and said nothing, you know like a little child that had just been caught trying to steal a cookie out of the cookie jar. He started laughing and let him gently unzip the camo predator protective covering that cradled Sacagewea. At first all we could see was the black interior that covered the limbs and riser, then all at once the risers wood grain illuminated our vision as the zipper reached the end of its journey to the opposite side of that case. A red and yellow string lay crumpled, confined, and tortured, it had been foldeed up for this journey from the east coast to God's Country and was now feeling free, as we stared i disbelief the strin actuall started unfolding itself, much like a butterfly with wet wings that has just emerged from a chrysalis. It must have been a long hard journey for both Sacagewea and the string that makes both together one. I stooped down and began to pull the drawstrings that held the limbs in place during the long ride inside that case, with each tug of a string the limbs seemed to wiggle to the daylight that was now beaming in each of those long, dark, smooth pockets. I reached into gently pull the limbs one by one from their dark cells to breathe once again, but it was not the East Coast air that would be absorbed this time by the components of Sacagewea.........But the air that circulates in God's Country know as TEXAS. While the mailman stood mesmerized by the craftsmanship of none other than the mighty BoB Sarrels.........I took a couple more pics to commemerate this momentous occasion.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This write up is so good, makes me want to redo my own. Keep it coming.

Comment

Do not expect me to come anywhere close to his replay of events, lol

Still waiting Charles

Comment

I had no clue you were so poetic. Sort of like reading Chauser or Dickens.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                              Do not expect me to come anywhere close to his replay of events, lol

Still waiting Charles
                              Bout to gear back up brother! Ron Jones poked me, he said loss for words......if he only knew

(4)This is My Story (con't) as the excitement final started wearing off my mailman, due to the sheer fact that he had to go back and finish his route, I quickly began fumbling through all the nice interior pockets for limb bolts, allen wrenches, and trying to remember what I did with my own ding dang arrow stringer . It was almost MYSTICAL how Saca felt in my hands as I started reassembling her in the evening sun on my front porch. The limbs were beautifully crafted out of precious woods that made me feel so green that I caught my self several times trying not to go get a shovel and some fertilizer to plant the wood back into God's soil to have her grow . Fighting my primal urges to plant, I carried on with the assembling procedure that would soon have me tuning SACA to find her sweet spot with the arrows I already had waiting on her to propel towards whatever target my steady gaze would hold to when the time comes to release. After what seemed an eternity I had finally restored SACA to her new found wholeness once again as a bow. I noticed the that SACA had some wear on the velcro on her shelf and had some bare spots showing (Lord knows we can't have her running around naked) so I went and dug out some velcro,the best velcro I could find, and carefully calculated the precise measurements for her new shelf covering. Once I had completely removed the old covering, I quickly cleaned the bare area and then dried it very gently, and then replaced the shelf covering.......It felt is SACA was smiling at the attention she was getting after all she had just been shoved in a box, in the dark, and shipped a couple thousand miles. I briskly grabbed the arrows that were crafted in early anticipation of SACA's arrival as I headed back out side to the back yard to start tuning her up. As I layed SACA down in the green green grass a bursting light of Sunray broke through the clouds and landed on her as if to confirm my exact feeling that outside in the TEXAS air is where she belonged. I layed the arrows beside SACA and paused a moment to linger and take another photo. The tuning process was so easy is was nothing short of a miracle as a Texas man gently held this lovely lady and SACA responded by showing on the very first arrow that indeed were were in tune...............
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great write-up!

Comment

Working...
                                X