Need an insurance agent: Mobile Home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an insurance agent: Mobile Home.

Looking for an agent for some insurance. Sort of a unique situation and my agent from the last 20yrs isn’t coming through. Need to buy a policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a new one?
    Is it a primary residence?
    Where is your current agent falling short?

Comment

We sold our big house and I bought my g-paws property but we have a life estate on it so he is still living in the main house. I bought an AthensPark mobile home to put out here to live in until my g-dad heads upstairs to see the Man.

We have been totally redoing the inside of this thing to make it into the lake lodge and got a call that since it doesn’t have skirting they are going to cancel the policy on 10/23 that I bought due to liability reasons. It’s going to be Jan before all the decking and skirting is done.

I need someone to sell me a policy for replacement and contents without the decks and skirting being in place for now. I’m not worried about liability and my agent won’t sell a policy without liability.

Comment

so, they are going to cancel the home and contents policy as well as the liability policy?
        They are typically seperate policies and you dont need liability if you dont want it. Although its always a good idea yo have it because its really really cheap.
        Your quite far away from me or id write you up a quote.

Comment

They are a stickler about skirting on mobile homes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can do it Monday most likely. Out for Texas State Crappie Championship next 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              so, they are going to cancel the home and contents policy as well as the liability policy?
              They are typically seperate policies and you dont need liability if you dont want it. Although its always a good idea yo have it because its really really cheap.
              Your quite far away from me or id write you up a quote.

We had it written up as a regular homeowners policy. I guess they sent someone out to inspect and since there is no skirting they won’t do liability. I told them to take off the liability and they said they won’t write homeowner’s policies without liability.

This has been one of the worst experiences I have ever dealt with.

Public Service Announcement: Do not buy a mobile home. I’ve bought $300k houses and $900k commercial properties and have never dealt with the BS that has gone into this. I understand that most people that buy mobile homes are not necessarily cash flush or the best insurance risk but this is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                We had it written up as a regular homeowners policy. I guess they sent someone out to inspect and since there is no skirting they won’t do liability. I told them to take off the liability and they said they won’t write homeowner’s policies without liability.

This has been one of the worst experiences I have ever dealt with.

Public Service Announcement: Do not buy a mobile home. I’ve bought $300k houses and $900k commercial properties and have never dealt with the BS that has gone into this. I understand that most people that buy mobile homes are not necessarily cash flush or the best insurance risk but this is insane.

We have written several MH and never really had any issues but that said i do believe they all had skirting and hand rails on steps so that may be why they were so easy. Sorry your having trouble unfortunately some companies have pretty tight guidelines.

Comment

This is the agent I use for the the poor house. I had these same issues as you when I bought my house.

Comment

Working...
                  X