No announcement yet.

Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used them. Work great. As others have said, once they find them, they'll flat wear a hole in the ground till every last kernal is out. Adding rocks helps. the rattle inside, keeps them interested. Only other advice i'd give is to go with a very strong eye bolt in the end you attach the chain/cable too. and use lock washers when you tighten it in. otherwise, over time, it comes out.

Comment

Oh, and less holes = better.

Comment

And....

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

never used them but im gonna give them a try this season

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
            And....

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
            Thanks for the bump I'm gonna build some.

Comment

I have a question for the veteran corn pipe experts..........

do you guys think a big mature deer would be scared off by one of these?

I am about to build my first pig pipe but I want to keep my deer

Comment

Bill, here, is on our lease has one, and a bell in his stand.and one on the pipe...

Comment

Got this tie down idea from watching one of the Alaska shows. He'd use these to tie down his pups. Drive a 1.5 or 1.75" pipe ~3' into the ground and drop this stake into it. Fasten your pig pipe and its a done deal. Simple as dropping it in. Only concern is the size of the hole to fasten your chain/cable. Easy fix though.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    Got this tie down idea from watching one of the Alaska shows. He'd use these to tie down his pups. Drive a 1.5 or 1.75" pipe ~3' into the ground and drop this stake into it. Fasten your pig pipe and its a done deal. Simple as dropping it in. Only concern is the size of the hole to fasten your chain/cable. Easy fix though.

Thoughts?
                    Sure. Also another poster said this worked well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DITLC

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      Sure. Also another poster said this worked well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DITLC
                      Missed that one. Very cool/easy!!

Comment

For those making new ones, I suggest taking a look at post 162. I was surprised at how many times I would go out and play find the barrel after I walked up on a t post with just a broken chain on it.

Comment

I put an arrow in this guy while he was pushing the drum around. Unfortunately, I didn't find him until the next week when I was looking for another hog I shot at the feeder. By then, there wasn't much meat left.

I am pretty new to hunting, and I've learned a lot of things the hard way. I tried buying lower weight rated quick links, swivels, chains all to save money, but the hogs definitely stress tested the materials and showed me that design mattered and materials mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by tom125446 View Post
                            For those making new ones, I suggest taking a look at post 162. I was surprised at how many times I would go out and play find the barrel after I walked up on a t post with just a broken chain on it.
                            How do you incorporate the 162 design (it's missing pics so I can't see it all) with the cavity for marbles/rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                              I did away with swivels, and chain.

This method still holding up well, cable run through end and clamped rather than using eye bolts & swivels? Planning on doing this on my next set.

Comment

I use the drain field pipe. It already has the holes in it. I just cap both ends with an eye bolt on one end for anchoring it. Works great. You can fill them with corn, wrap with plastic wrap and carry them in to some hard to get to places. Stake them, remove the plastic and your good to go in a day or two usually.

Comment

Working...
                                X