No announcement yet.

Barndo build, on a budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hired a guy to erect my 30 x 70 building after I finished the slab. He started on Tuesday at 10:00 am and was calling me to get paid at 6:00 pm on Wed. I couldn't believe it. He had 12 people on it because he was between jobs. Worked out great for me.

Comment

Following. Looks good.

Comment

Tuned in

Comment

Metal building done yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            Metal building done yet?
            Just seeing this. No sir, actually nothing has been done on this project since my last post. I had one h*ll of a come to Jesus talk with my Contractor today. I flew off the handle when I went out there at lunch and no one was working. It is about to get really nasty, as he is 3 days away from a breach in contract.

Comment

That's my next big project.

Comment

I would love to do something like this. But don't know what if I could handle the stress of going through a build.

Comment

Guessing the contract has been breached.........??????

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Guessing the contract has been breached.........??????
                    Funny you brought this up, as I was just about to post on it. It will be a breach after today, and we will be discussing our options tonight.

I unloaded a months worth of anxiety over this project on the 28th to the contractor. Of course they have been out there working from dusk till dawn after I threatened litigation due to the breach.
                    This is what was done as of yesterday.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459458200081.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	24437697

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459458218943.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	24437698

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459458225696.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24437699

Comment

Right off the bat when I walked up, I knew something wasnt right with the steel door in the back. Pulled out the tape measure, and yep, my back door to the shop was in the Master bedroom. They are going to have to cut it out and redo the door.

Comment

What was the sqft price for your slab? Did that include the fill?

Comment

I might know a guy who could probably come finish up your build in a day or so, I work for a commercial GC and use him a lot

Comment

Sorry you are going thru the bad stuff, hope you get it lined out.

On a side note, why is the window trim inside the steel and not out?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                              Burned some brush piles this morning. All kids of critters came running out haha.

My first big surprise expense has been fill dirt. An added $3200 that I had not planned for.

Wish I'd seen this earlier. My dad has a good amount of fill dirt that he just wants to be gone. All you'd have to do is haul it.

Comment

Do you have any drawings or pictures of how the living area is going to be laid out? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X