Traditional FSC Week 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 11

This week's challenge is inspired by the recent Cowtown Winter 3D shoot. Their challenging course forced shooters to avoid obstacles -- like trees -- to hit the kill zones.

Picture below shows set-up.

For this challenge, use a regular sheet of paper fold in half lengthwise. With the paper laying horizontally, use a quarter to measure 3 quarter widths in from the left side and either make a fold or draw a line from top to bottom. The area to the left of this line will score zero and simulate a tree ( If you hit there you must break an arrow and post a picture... kidding). Just to the right of the line will be the scoring rings, centered on the long fold. 8-ring is about 3-1/4" diameter (the size of a small paper coffee cup); and the 10-ring is made by tracing around a quarter placed against the left side of the larger circle. Outside of either circle but still on the non-tree portion of the paper gets 5 points.

Shoot two arrows from any position at a distance of 12 yards (8 for kids). Highest point score wins next week's call.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

To clarify, score is total of both arrows. Any line cut favors the shooter.

Comment

Just noticed that I wrote Week 10 on the sample target. Should say Week 11. Anybody shooting? I just got back from out of state. Good luck!

Comment

Good shot, Ellis!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Just noticed that I wrote Week 10 on the sample target. Should say Week 11. Anybody shooting? I just got back from out of state. Good luck!

I'll shoot mine in the next day or two!! Looks like a fun challenge. I had a busy day today so I ended up shooting after dark with my green light on my bow.

Comment

That's a good one. I'll try to get er done but I can't see any shooting time at home before Friday.

Comment

Just occurred to me that there might be a tie. If that happens, the tie-breaker will be closest single arrow to the center of the 10-ring.

Comment

No guts, no glory.
                Shot with broadheads.
                a 10, and a tree for a total of 10

Rick
                Attached Files

Comment

Haven't shot in a few days, but first shot was pretty close, second well away from "tree". 10 points. Wide open y'all.

Comment

I'm at Palo Duro Canyon with my scouts since Saturday. We'll head home tomorrow. I will shoot a day or two before I try it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170314_142953.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24489166Click image for larger version

Name:	25531222347116.jpg
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24489167

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice looking group of scouts and awesome scenery as well!

Comment

I've been pretty busy, managed to shoot every day but just a few arrows. I'll try to get mine done tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got home from work didn't even change my boots and thought I would give this a try first two shots in 4 days. Prolly could have brought it in a lil with a warm up.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170317_170055.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	24489339
                            Two solid 8s. I'll take 16 but this close it should've been better.

Comment

Decided to shoot the last 5 of the quiver at 20. Only 2 out of the kill zone and one in the ten ring.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170317_170938.jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	24489340

Comment

Working...
                              X