Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davey Allison

Special on Davey on FS1.
    Been reading and watching some about him today. The helicopter crash was about 25 years ago. Brings back memories of his brother Clifford and Neil Bonnett. somewhere i have an Alabama Gang cap ready to pull out when it’s time. It is hard to explain what Davey, the Allisons, Red Farmer mean to the people up there.

I think today is the first time ever I have opened Nascar.com and the screen was not bouncing around from story to story. It went right to the story on Davey and stayed there. I hope the link works.

Heck of driver.

Comment

No telling what he could have accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
        Heck of driver.

Heck of a gang of Drivers. I moved to Eufaula Alabama in 1996, NASCAR was on a whole other level there back then.

Comment

Sure miss the old Nascar.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            x2! Davey was awesome! Used to love watching races and going to a few. Anymore I couldn't tell you the last one I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Agreed.

Comment

Great Read..Thanks For Sharing...Sure do miss watching the Winston Cup Series with my Dad..Those were some Great Sundays in my young life..

Comment

He was greatness before reaching his potential. Don't miss the blowout races. Nascar is great now too imo.

Comment

Man, reading that got my old brain cells perked up. When I was a kid I got to go to Texas World Speedway and watch Bobby and Donnie Allison race. Also got to see AJ Foyt, Buddy Baker, Al and Bobby Unser, and Gordon Johncock. They ran both NASCAR and Indy cars back then.

Sure was fun for a 10 year old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                      He was greatness before reaching his potential. Don't miss the blowout races. Nascar is great now too imo.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X