No announcement yet.

Well, wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, I had something very similar done a while ago. I skimped on my rehab the first time and ended up going back for 2 more rounds. Use the heck out of the motion machine they put you in right afterwards, it feels funny at first and is hard to sleep in, but it helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
      Oh, I'll be all over the rehab. I need to get better ASAP. This is costing me way too much money to be off work. I had an ankle reconstruction done 11 years ago. The therapist was constantly having to pull my choke chain to slow me down. My plan this time is no different; do everything they ask and more. The stronger I can get and the faster I can do it, the better.
      You can over do it also...don't rush the process...it is a building thing that if you over do it you can harm the repair already done.Take it at the speed your therapist tells you.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as TXDispatcher. Follow the rehab! Had mine done about 17 yrs ago and about to do it again....MRI today actually. Prayers for a speedy recovery for you!

Comment

Good luck
          Hopefully you’ll have good and speedy recovery

Comment

Good luck! ACL was the easy one. I had replacement in Feb of last year and walked a 5K 6 weeks later. However, the next step was meniscus replacement in May of last year and that SSSSSSUUUUUCKKKKED. Crutches for 6 weeks, lots of rehab, etc. Just work on that rehab as hard as you can and you'll be back up and running in no time.

Comment

Had mine done two weeks before my wedding. Exact same as you, ACL replacement with cadaver part, and MCL repair. My cadaver part was an Achilles’ tendon from 40ish y/o woman, so once a month I get a little ......sporty[emoji51]

Just remember, your strength will come back later, but once you’re past the point of rehab, flexibility may not. Rehab is very important, as said above. Good luck!!! Oh, mine was done by Dr Walter Lowe, sports med doc for Astros, rockets and Texans. He’s cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The crutches were the worse part for me. Made me miserable. Spent 8 weeks with a PT in rehab, that part wasn't too bad. I fell off when I left the PT and was on my own, too much stuff to do and slowly stopped rehabbing. Ran with a funny gate for a while bc I didn't continue rehab as I should have. All is fine now, don't feel like I ever had an issue but definitely took a bit. Do all you can to strengthen all those muscles around your knee.

Comment

Good luck and God's speed in healing.

Comment

Ok. Sorry for the late replies. Thanks for all of the well wishes and input. It sounds like from most folks' experience around here that rehab is the key.

They had to delay my surgery a couple of hours this morning because they had a miscommunication about who, when & how the tools to do my surgery were to be sanitized. So. They had to do them while I waited which pushed me back in the line. I was a little irritated about that. It doesn't exactly give you confidence in your surgical facility when they don't have they zhat together. They gave me something to chill me out a bit. Apparently I after that, I asked them "What kind of a F@%*ing goat rope they're running here?!" Apparently the drugs to calm me down a bit only allowed me to tell them what I really thought..... My wife said that I also explained to them that "If I did my job with their efficiency then I could go to prison...and I'm about to let y'all cut on me!"

I any case, after delays, the surgery went well. The ACL repair went exactly as planned. The meniscus was in worse shape that he thought. He trimmed up the damaged portion but did that I would likely develop arthritis at some point.

Comment

Glad to hear that all went well! Prayers up for your recovery.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for a fast recovery.

Comment

Glad it went well. I would love to hear how your recovery goes. I have been living with a torn ACL since February and will probably get a similar surgery sometime in the future.

Comment

How you doing?

Comment

Hope the rehab goes well for you. Sounds like the anti filter drugs worked.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                                Ok. Sorry for the late replies. Thanks for all of the well wishes and input. It sounds like from most folks' experience around here that rehab is the key.

They had to delay my surgery a couple of hours this morning because they had a miscommunication about who, when & how the tools to do my surgery were to be sanitized. So. They had to do them while I waited which pushed me back in the line. I was a little irritated about that. It doesn't exactly give you confidence in your surgical facility when they don't have they zhat together. They gave me something to chill me out a bit. Apparently I after that, I asked them "What kind of a F@%*ing goat rope they're running here?!" Apparently the drugs to calm me down a bit only allowed me to tell them what I really thought..... My wife said that I also explained to them that "If I did my job with their efficiency then I could go to prison...and I'm about to let y'all cut on me!"

I any case, after delays, the surgery went well. The ACL repair went exactly as planned. The meniscus was in worse shape that he thought. He trimmed up the damaged portion but did that I would likely develop arthritis at some point.
                                I had pretty much the same surgery about 10 years ago but also had the fat pad removed because it was torn. And ended up getting a full knee replacement last April. 3 months later my knee hasn't felt this good in years.
                                You will swear the physical therapists are Satan's Spawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X