This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Meh! I'll stick with the belief that the Mayans knew all about quantum physics long before quantum physics was even "founded."
    Maybe but it was the aliens that taught it to them and built their pyramids right?

Comment

Maybe. Hard to explain how the same type of structures were built in totally different regions of the world. Not like they got a how to vid off YouTube.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Maybe but it was the aliens that taught it to them and built their pyramids right?
        I don't know. Heck, the Mayans could be the Aryans, and the Mayans are actually the ones who wrote the the Vedas. All I know is that it's 79 and sunny outside. Very nice right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
          The person was right who said that if they wanted a primer on theoretical physics... a bowhunting message board would be the last place they'd look.

Stephen Hawking completely changed our understanding of black holes, and it matters because it affected the way we look at quantum mechanics. And quantum mechanics matter for everything from computers to space travel. He got us closer to a unified theory of physics that bridges the classical and the quantum approaches.

"A Brief History of Time" is also very readable and I recommend it to anyone.

Some weirdos would say he helped humanity better understand the language of God, but saying things like that tends to upset both sides.
          So exactly what important information did he share with mankind about black holes and can it be proven and why should I care?
          Can anything this man said be proven? It all sounds like a bunch of theories(AKA as his opinion)..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Can anything this man said be proven? It all sounds like a bunch of theories(AKA as his opinion)..
            This word doesn't mean what you think it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
              OK. Enlighten me.

Comment

OK. Enlighten me.
                He knows exactly what it means.

He just wants to ignorantly argue about your explanation.

Comment

So exactly what important information did he share with mankind about black holes and can it be proven and why should I care?
                  He never really proved anything, just came up with ideas that most scientists now agree with due to the mathematical equations. His black hole work basically "proved" that physics and gravity as we know it breaks down inside of a black hole. By "proved" meaning it is the idea that most people agree with now until proven wrong.

This is pretty much what he did. Nothing really in the past 20 years except talk about aliens and stuff.
                  https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-greatest-hits

He's no NdG though
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tes0Jwil_qI
                  Last edited by justin81; 03-16-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

RIP Stephen Hawking

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

It turns out that it means exactly what I meant..
                    It also turns out that a "theory" and "hypothesis" ARE" the same unlike what you said here on post 71..

3) It's obvious some on here did not take the time to learn the difference between theory and hypothesis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heads up:
                      The SCI Channel has a show about Hawkings coming on now. Legacy of Discovery!

Comment

The willfully ignorant DO NOT get to redefine the scientific method.

Comment

So is the ranch changing hands? Thats all I want to know!

Comment

It turns out that it means exactly what I meant..
                            It also turns out that a "theory" and "hypothesis" ARE" the same unlike what you said here on post 71..

3) It's obvious some on here did not take the time to learn the difference between theory and hypothesis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            There is a difference in the loosely used definition of theory and the definition of theory used in the scientific method.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Heh Heh...

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                Change is always scary. We'll see what we can do about securing you a social spot

Wish you were here vato!!

Comment

Working...
                                X