Traditional FSC Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 2

PineyWoodsBow was the Week 1 winner, but he has a project going on and asked for someone else to call this week's shot. I guess I will as runner-up last week -- Miss America rule .

This week will be a 3-arrow best group challenge from 14 yards (10 for kids).
    Just need a standard 9-inch paper plate stuck onto a target butt with a small spot in the middle for initial aiming point. Shoot from any position. First arrow's aim point is the center spot; next two are aimed at the first arrow to make the tightest group. Take three measurements -- distance between 1st and 2nd arrow; then between 2nd and 3rd arrow; finally between 3rd arrow and 1st arrow. Measure shafts from nearest side to nearest side. Total the three measures; lowest total distance wins next week's call.

If you are shooting the challenge on Traditional Archery Friends, you can use those shots for this challenge, as well. (Anyone is welcome to join there.)

I'm not using my shot string from TAF, I want to see if I can tighten up that group.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      I'm not using my shot string from TAF, I want to see if I can tighten up that group.
      That'll be fine, Geezy. I' m going to use the TAF group. Will post in a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

What is this Traditional Archery Friends of which y’all speak???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here's mine. First arrow, left at 10 o'clock; second arrow, just above center spot (but right of aiming point 1st arrow -- actually hit it); third arrow just left of first arrow (also hit it).

So results are: 1st to 2nd -- 1-5/8"; 2nd to 3rd -- 2-1/8"; 3rd to 1st -- 1/8". Total of 3-7/8"

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            What is this Traditional Archery Friends of which y’all speak???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Pretty cool forum that Rick Barbee started to compliment and extend what's already available for traditional archers. Happens to have a weekly first shot challenge and shares some familiar faces from here and other traditional sites. Friendly discussion available on all things trad. Informative videos, and even instruction on archery technique available by a nationally renowned coach. All meant to compliment, not conflict with, any other forums. You definitely ought to check it out.

Comment

Specialized equipment needed for this challenge: Paper plate, Sharpie.

Choot it!

Comment

Now that the General Season for Deer is over, time to practice up for those 3D shoots. Heck my home club -- Austin Archery has one this Sunday.

This is all just friendly competition, but it's more fun if more people shoot it.

Comment

Ok I finally got a chance to shoot this. I've got a feeling it's gonna be a long time before I challenge anyone.

Grand total of 9.25

Comment

Not bad at all, Geezy -- all within a 5-inch spread. Definitely a dead animal!

Comment

Still a little daylight. Choot it!

Comment

You have no idea how I'd like to.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          You have no idea how I'd like to.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                          Best wishes on healing of your finger, man.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                            Not bad at all, Geezy -- all within a 5-inch spread. Definitely a dead animal!
                            Thanks, I am tickled that I can hit the plate.

Comment

I'll get a new challenge up shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X