Gualdalupe River State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grsp

Son in law and I hunted there 2 years ago, he got a Sika doe on the first day, saw nothing on the second day and got 2 whitetail on the 3rd morning. I missed a yearly the first day, killed a 7 point and a axis doe the second day and saw nothing on the 3rd. The hunter just past us saw nothing the entire hunt. I heard a lot of axis but only saw 1, it liked the molasses I put out, you should put netting on the window openings and take a better chair. Also best if you stay in the stand all day, worked for me.buck came out at 2 and the axis came out with 2 minutes of legal shooting time left. Too dark to see her without a low powered scope. Also be prepared for the coons in camp.
    Last edited by furtrapper; 09-26-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by furtrapper View Post
      Son in law and I hunted there 2 years ago, he got a Sika doe on the first day, saw nothing on the second day and got 2 whitetail on the 3rd morning. I missed a yearly the first day, killed a 7 point and a axis doe the second day and saw nothing on the 3rd. The hunter just past us saw nothing the entire hunt. I heard a lot of axis but only saw 1, it liked the molasses I put out, you should put netting on the window openings and take a better chair. Also best if you stay in the stand all day, worked for me.buck came out at 2 and the axis came out with 2 minutes of legal shooting time left. Too dark to see her without a low powered scope. Also be prepared for the coons in camp.

Thanks for the information. I plan to bring a better chair and some mesh for the windows. I'll also plan to spend some serious time in the stand. Hoping to see some exotics of some type!

Comment

Working...
      X