Chambers Bowhunting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers Bowhunting question

For those of you that have been...did you bring a ground blind/chair or did you use what was there?

Thanks

Brian

Just used what they had

Comment

Thanks

Comment

i have done both,,, you can increase your odds by sitting in the bush often,,, biggest problem on his place is animals come from every direction,,,, been hunting their for 18 years most of the time twice a year....

Comment

Not sure on chambers but his other ranch crystal creek you better bring stools or chairs. Nothing is set up only a hole to stand or kneel in. Plus it's trashy and filthy at the lodge so bring stuff to clean. They don't.

Comment

I’ve been to Chambers on a few occasions with xman59 and our groups have had a lot of success. I can not speak on crystal creek but the bunk house at chambers was clean and there was no issues. Every ground blind I’ve been in had a seat or if it didn’t Dustin informed me ahead of time that I needed one.

Comment

First thing to do is move any pre existing stands as soon as you can. Animals know where they are at very quickly. 20-30 yards either direction, down wind will increase your odds.

Comment

Don’t put extra corn out either, deer will go around. They’ve seen it all

Comment

Any updates? My group will be there on the 11th. Has there been flooding in that area?

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                    Any updates? My group will be there on the 11th. Has there been flooding in that area?
                    talked to dustin 2 days ago,, he said it is very wet ,, i did not ask about success because i am going regardless of what others have done,,, but it does need to stop raining before i get there,,, i have been there when it was wet and muddy,,,, it was a chore to get anywhere

Comment

I just got back yesterday. My boy harvested 2 hogs, Aoudad and a Corsican. I got a small 8 pt and a hog. Another boy in our group shot a Aoudad. Saw something on every sit. We passed on multiple smaller bucks. Another good time. Already booked for next year.

Comment

Animals

I just got back yesterday. My boy harvested 2 hogs, Aoudad and a Corsican. I got a small 8 pt and a hog. Another boy in our group shot a Aoudad. Saw something on every sit. We passed on multiple smaller bucks. Another good time. Already booked for next year.
                        How was the whitetail action? Did you see any whitetail does to shoot at?
                        What do you think the chance of shooting axis doe/buck will be? We will be there Dec. 6-10.

Comment

Plenty of whitetail doe to shoot at. I passed on 20+ shots. Saw 8-10 axis doe and a few hard horned Axis buck but the largest was maybe 16". Think most have dropped their horns. Saw 2 shooter bucks but one was out of range and i got busted drawing on a tall 8 by a buck i didn't see. You should have plenty of action. Dustin is a good guide. I hunted their ground blinds a couple times. Nothing would come into the shooting lanes.

Comment

Thanks

Plenty of whitetail doe to shoot at. I passed on 20+ shots. Saw 8-10 axis doe and a few hard horned Axis buck but the largest was maybe 16". Think most have dropped their horns. Saw 2 shooter bucks but one was out of range and i got busted drawing on a tall 8 by a buck i didn't see. You should have plenty of action. Dustin is a good guide. I hunted their ground blinds a couple times. Nothing would come into the shooting lanes.
                            Thanks for the information. This is exactly why I joined this brotherhood.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                              Thanks for the information. This is exactly why I joined this brotherhood.
                              U may want to try the stand on the dry creek bed that's behind the skinning rack. I had a bunch of does, smaller buck, Axis (doe & smaller buck) and a bunch of hogs come in on my last sit. I was the only one to hunt it the week that we were there. Good luck to you. It's a short shot if the wind is right. They never knew i was there.

Comment

Working...
                              X