Garner SP Exotic Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Randy, did your daughter draw the January archery hunt? Are you going down with her? I'll be there with Mo.
    No sir, different hunt, she drew the either sex gun Jan 6th & 7th. I'll be there with her.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
      "The hunter in compartment 3 baited with Chaffhaye and at one point had some Axis coming at him from a strong upwind down a game trail and when they saw the Chaffhaye they stomped, snorted, and ran off. He said it was likely that they detected his ground scent, but wasn't sure if the bait made them more nervous or not."

Having been there only for the exotic gun hunt, I would say it's the latter. Chaffhaye and alfalfa is not year round forage. It's likely that group has linked those things to hunters in the area. Just my opinion that's not worth 0.5 cents.
      I have seen that happen before, in a few areas. I am pretty sure, the bait alerted the deer that there were likely hunters in the area.

Comment

I have a more detailed map of compartment 4 since that's the one I hunted. If anyone here that drew archery ends up in that compartment feel free to DM me and I will send to you.

Comment

Upsetting when a coveted hunt isn't utilized by those that drew a tag. Would have loved to go on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Upsetting when a coveted hunt isn't utilized by those that drew a tag. Would have loved to go on that one.
            Why do people apply if their not gonna go, I suspect alot of this is out of state applicants...

Comment

Following

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great information. I put in for this hunt every year for archery. Maybe one day I can get drawn and look up this post. Thank you for your efforts.

Comment

So how were the numbers? Have they done any gun hunts? I'll be on a gun hunt there in January. Noted about the feed and thanks for the tip!!

Comment

Working...
                  X