Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
    Oh, I should have explained that a little more, they pay a standby rate while at the house. So if you don't work they pay a fixed rate an hour. So basically That fixed rate is for 15mins while at the house. Comes out way more than the original salary rate. The hourly rate is the same, while at work they give you a fixed day rate which is higher than standby rate, but once you get over 40 hrs overtime is kicked in. The way they fixed it up you make the same or more than the original day rate stuff. An example, you have a chance of making 7kwhile sitting at home if you didn't work for that month. For that month they lost, 20 days is the break even point. Anything less than that they lose money. I was really skeptical when it happened however I make more with the new system. Weird and really hard to explain.

Gotcha! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just landed a new job. I think things are looking up. After two years of trying to run a pipe company and engineering consulting, I finally threw in the towel and went back to work for the man. There are some benefits. "the man" has better benefits, and if I have an off month, I don't starve to death. Good luck to everyone. I think we're about to turn this corner.

Comment

Oh, I should have explained that a little more, they pay a standby rate while at the house. So if you don't work they pay a fixed rate an hour. So basically That fixed rate is for 15mins while at the house. Comes out way more than the original salary rate. The hourly rate is the same, while at work they give you a fixed day rate which is higher than standby rate, but once you get over 40 hrs overtime is kicked in. The way they fixed it up you make the same or more than the original day rate stuff. An example, you have a chance of making 7kwhile sitting at home if you didn't work for that month. For that month they lost, 20 days is the break even point. Anything less than that they lose money. I was really skeptical when it happened however I make more with the new system. Weird and really hard to explain.
        No I get it. There are a few paying guaranteed hours whether at work or not to cover lost salaries. Basically the same as salary plus day rates. That's not a bad system but many went straight to hourly only when working and that would be a killer cut

Comment

KR...what's this camero you speak of??

Comment

Yeah, in the Directional field and I'm sure you know BP as being a DD haha, if you don't pay your hands they are gone. And when they leave they take the work with them. It was a pretty smart thing that our company did. Especially for guys like me that are scared of going contract and having to worry about taxes and etc. however, I'm to the point now where I may go contract after the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

I'll let the owner of said rig decide to share or not!!!! He's a regular here in this thread![emoji12][emoji6][emoji6]

Comment

Yeah, in the Directional field and I'm sure you know BP as being a DD haha, if you don't pay your hands they are gone. And when they leave they take the work with them. It was a pretty smart thing that our company did. Especially for guys like me that are scared of going contract and having to worry about taxes and etc. however, I'm to the point now where I may go contract after the year.
                Yep my work is my work

I'm lucky where I am they also pay a huge amount of healthcare coverage for me and my family over $11k/yr so with that and salary I don't plan on making a move unless I'm really forced to

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Even knowing now I wouldn't change it. It makes the lawyers rich that's it. I agreed to my pay and the way it was structured before my first day. I just hope it doesn't cause all of us to go hourly because we will make less in the end

**** right. I agreed to what I sign for. I'm not gonna cry later. Also me and you won't get black balled. [emoji6]

Comment

It's nothing doesn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      **** right. I agreed to what I sign for. I'm not gonna cry later. Also me and you won't get black balled. [emoji6]

Lol guy told me "they can't legally hold it against us for rehire". Well if someone believes that will stop them I'll just let em believe it lol

Comment

It's nothing doesn't exist

LOL![emoji23][emoji1303]

Comment

Lol guy told me "they can't legally hold it against us for rehire". Well if someone believes that will stop them I'll just let em believe it lol

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] they don't know how this game is played. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            How does the company loose?

Wow! You just said that out loud!!!! I'll refrain form saying anymore!! Sometimes it would be nice for guys like you to have the burden of owning a company and see what actually it takes to make it! When things are good everyone is happy go lucky with their company! When things get tight us company owners are all sorry rich SOBs!

Hope you continue to thrive in your employment!

I know what I said is bad, sounds bad, and looks bad. But the only reason we acted the way we did was the approach the company rolled this thing out to us. Our management didn't fight for us nor did they even tell us what was happening. We had meetings and asked about it but no one gave us the time. They kept all info from us and left us in the dark. It made it really hard to stay positive and focused on work. Yes we would still do our job but we wouldn't jump like we used to.
                            I know a few things about business, not being an owner but growing up in a family business. I've seen a lot of good and bad things occur in the company until the day my grandfather sold it. So to say"guys like you" I understand, but you have to be where we were at at the time to really understand our actions. No one was written or fired, I actually have been promoted up the ladder since moving to hourly months ago. Reading your comments on this thread and others, you seem like a good guy and boss. I'm sure you would at least give your guys a heads up when something major is about to happen to them financially. Instead of us getting a blanket letter in the mail and then running from your guys when they have questions and concerns about what happened.
                            Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 12-09-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Bwahahahahahahaha!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] they don't know how this game is played. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

From college straight to being an MWD. Soooooo no clue

I've been blackballed I know better

Comment

Times have got a little slow but not bad
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X