Governor Greg Abbott?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Governor Greg Abbott?

2018 re-election? good, bad? sound off..

He's got my vote

Comment

Unless someone better is put forth, I'll vote for him again. The Dems are trying dang hard to turn Texas "blue". He does a pretty good job at warding off that catastrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
        Unless someone better is put forth, I'll vote for him again. The Dems are trying dang hard to turn Texas "blue". He does a pretty good job at warding off that catastrophe.

Comment

Another vote for Abbott here.

Comment

He has my vote!

Comment

Don't be surprised if crazy Dan Patrick tries to take a run at Abbott. Abbott is a solid gov.

Comment

So far no competeriors. His war chest is $35 million......whew!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would prefer to not have theocon running the state, but the size of Abott's campaign chest will make it next to impossible for a centrist to beat him. Dan Patrick would be even worse. I hope to see the day that neither would win the Texas governorship. Maybe in another decade or two...

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    I would prefer to not have theocon running the state, but the size of Abott's campaign chest will make it next to impossible for a centrist to beat him. Dan Patrick would be even worse. I hope to see the day that neither would win the Texas governorship. Maybe in another decade or two...
                    The particular utopia you desire already exists. It's called California.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                      The particular utopia you desire already exists. It's called California.
                      Your comments don't seem to reflect an appreciation for the differences between centrists and ideologues. Liberal ideologues run California. If it wasn't for Joe Straus, conservative ideologues would run Texas. I don't care for either situation.

As a centrist and an independent voter, I have no interest in seeing social engineering from the regressive left or the religious right.

Comment

I fully grasp your point. It was a tongue in cheek comment. If you eliminate all social issues in politics, by default, you eliminate morality in society. A society with tenuous morals simply will not stand for long. The Democratic Party holds the mantle for engineering the degradation of morals in American society and they are smart about it. I want to be left alone as much as anyone but I also don't want a thriving meth lab next door.

Comment

I'll vote Abbott unless a better alternative shows up. Don't see it coming though. Patrick is a tool, and Strauss prevents more than he ever actually gets done.

Comment

Abbott has my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post

As a centrist and an independent voter, I have no interest in seeing social engineering from the regressive left or the religious right.

Comment

Working...
                              X