No announcement yet.

How Mexico will pay for the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like others have said, enforce current immigration laws (crossings are reportedly down 75% since Trump took office). Cut off entitlements and a good majority will go back home on their own.

I see two reasons for the wall;

#1 Trump needs and wants to keep his campaign promise.
    #2 The next administration may not be willing to enforce immigration laws and the flood gates are opened again. A wall will hopefully slow down the flood.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
      I agree. It'd be cheaper, faster & more effective to ENFORCE THE LAWS ALREADY IN EFFECT!
      It's just stupid that we don't start there, theeeeeeeeeeeeen build a wall if need-be.
      Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Like others have said, enforce current immigration laws (crossings are reportedly down 75% since Trump took office). Cut off entitlements and a good majority will go back home on their own.

I see two reasons for the wall;

#1 Trump needs and wants to keep his campaign promise.
        #2 The next administration may not be willing to enforce immigration laws and the flood gates are opened again. A wall will hopefully slow down the flood.
        Maybe there needs to be a law that the laws must to be enforced???

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          Solar panels would be cost prohibitive. However, he could get the wall built. It would be distasteful to all of us and it would take an underhanded political move but, he could get it done.

The fastest way to stop the alien flood would be to cut-off their benefits. No food stamps, no medicaid, no free schooling, nothing. That would dry up Mexico's cash cow. Tell Mexico, you pay for this wall or we will sever all bennys to illegals. Then say, "By the way, have we told you about our new deportation policies??" I think it'll work.
          Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            as we have seen in the past that isn't enforced

Comment

There is an oath that covers that.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                There is an oath that covers that.
                Yessir, but when was the last time our government actually enforced our illegal immigration laws?

Comment

Solar panels would be cost prohibitive. However, he could get the wall built. It would be distasteful to all of us and it would take an underhanded political move but, he could get it done.

The fastest way to stop the alien flood would be to cut-off their benefits. No food stamps, no medicaid, no free schooling, nothing. That would dry up Mexico's cash cow. Tell Mexico, you pay for this wall or we will sever all bennys to illegals. Then say, "By the way, have we told you about our new deportation policies??" I think it'll work.
                  Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  I agree. It'd be cheaper, faster & more effective to ENFORCE THE LAWS ALREADY IN EFFECT!
                  It's just stupid that we don't start there, theeeeeeeeeeeeen build a wall if need-be.
                  No, the fastest way would be to require all business to use e-verify to hire an employee, then enforce the laws while you build the wall

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                    No, the fastest way would be to require all business to use e-verify to hire an employee, then enforce the laws while you build the wall
                    Here's the flaw in that logic (it IS logic and I'm not making light). The problem is, the illegals are permitted to roll into our cities and towns, hire their illegal cousins, use fake documents, pay no taxes and receive welfare and receive free medical and food, ALL WHILE undercutting prices of legitimate businesses owned by tax paying citizens. Personally, I do not hire illegals but I do not fault those that do. They are simply trying to stay in a game that is sorely stacked against them.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      I do believe e-verify is already in effect. The root problem is lack of enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        I do believe e-verify is already in effect. The root problem is lack of enforcement.
                        Its not a requirement, it is optional

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

A little reminder/history lesson from an informed member on a previous wall discussion:

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                          A wall along the entire border is not feasible and wouldn't work even if we were silly enough to do it anyway. 15 billion wouldn't cut it and the yearly maintenance would outstrip the initial cost very quickly. Walls seperating sister cities (those immediately across the border from one another) are the only ones that are of any use.

Immigration, legal and illegal, is an economic venture. America is the land of opportunity (economic) and they come to get their piece of it. America used to be the manufacturing capital of the world. The organized labor movement and nonsensical government regulation drove the cost of domestic labor so high that manufacturers were forced to move production outside the borders to remain competitive with foreign goods. This resulted in a shift towards a service based domestic workforce and has concentrated the population in metropolitan areas. As time wore on, Americans (majority of which are now in cities) have come to see any sort of manual labor professions as less respectable than white collar ones. This has severely depressed the economic potential for manual laborers. Illegal aliens from third world countries were quick to fill these much-needed, but less-respected, positions. Even considering their lower economic potential, they still earn a far greater living than they could at home.

When Congress pressed Reagan for amnesty in '86, he cut a deal with them. In exchange for amnesty, they created laws to actually stop illegal immigration. The greatest enforcement tools to come out of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) were worksite enforcement and employer sanctions. The INS and Border Patrol were tasked with going to employers and verifying the immigration status of employees working there. If an employer was found to be working illegal aliens, fines were levied. If they were found in violation again, fines increased vastly. If the violations continued, businesses could be fined out of existence. IRCA also prohibited any federal public assistance money from going to illegal aliens.

This enforcement mechanism was wildly sucessful. Jobs dried up and aliens left the country, voluntarily, in droves. This lead the Mexican government (mainly) to howl because the ammount of remittance being sent back from the US went from billions to tens of millions (only enough agents to police the big farms and businesses so the mom and pops went unmolested) within a few years.

The big farms and businesses that were targeted also happened to be the ones with the capital to lobby their representatives for relief. Non of those representatives had the stones to repeal the enforcement provisions of IRCA, so they went to the Attorney General and the Commisioner of INS (INS/BP was under the Department of Justice before those idiots created the useless leviathan that is DHS) and told them, in no uncertain terms, that Border Patrol was to cease worksite enforcement operations. BP has statutory authority to conduct patrol operations thuought the US and her territories. They were effectively chained to the border and the entirety of the interior US was left unenforced. With no one to inspect the workforce, employers were free to hire illegals once again. ICE does token worksite enforcement but immigration enforcement is not as sexy as catching child **** and fake Gucci purses so the interior offices don't focus on it. States also used "their own funds" to provide public assistance to illegal aliens and then used the "federal money" to make up the difference to the American/legals sponges.

If DC was serious about stopping illegal immigration to a trickle (those with real humanitarian need), they would take the leash off of the Patrol and let them begin worksite enforcement/employer sanctions in earnest. Within 3 years the US would be tens of millions of people lighter (not a commentary of the complexion of those leaving) and illegal alien traffic across the border would be easily controlled with a third the number of agents.

Dope traffic is not a Mexican/Columbian/Afghanistan problem. It is an American problem. As long as Americans feel the need to escape their horrible first-world realities with illegal natcotics, foriegners will continue to bring it here. Once again, domestic labor prices and government regulations dictate that they can produce it cheaper than we can...

Dry up the jobs and the immigration crisis shrinks to a minor irritation. The wall is a boondoggle that won't do a thing.

Comment

A little reminder/history lesson from an informed member on a previous wall discussion:
                            That sounds like the most sane explanation I've read anywhere.
                            Git er done! They can start right here by my house where hwy 183 construction is going on. These yoyo's were camped out in the woods 2 blocks from my house before they bulldozed all the trees for some new development. Cops didn't do a thing about it. They would rather set up radar and write tickets.

Comment

States like California and others will still not follow the law. Liberal judges back them up. Democrats need the illegas for their votes.Fine the people who hire them and put them in jail. No jobs = no illegals.

Comment

heck, just model our immigration laws after Mexicos and the problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X