A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck this weekend.

I planted a couple of small plots 2 weeks ago and the deer are hitting the oats pretty hard already. Hopefully they don't wipe them all out before they get going good.

Comment

Bump this up top for updates. One of my favorite to follow.

Comment

Well...I was sorta letting this die. Been a fun season and I have mostly been taking guest hunting. here is a 14 yr old with her second buck from the farm. I've also been trying to get a closer look at this 14 pt. I saw him once run across the road at 11:08 am. Haven't seen him since . I am seriously considering shooting him if I can find him mostly because the pipeline of big bucks is so strong.I think he is 6 or 7 . I've seen 3 over 190 and I think the one I'm looking for is close to 200"/ I think there are 11 bucks total on the farm from 170+ with several of them only 4 yrs old. Exciting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          Well...I was sorta letting this die. Been a fun season and I have mostly been taking guest hunting. here is a 14 yr old with her second buck from the farm. I've also been trying to get a closer look at this 14 pt. I saw him once run across the road at 11:08 am. Haven't seen him since . I am seriously considering shooting him if I can find him mostly because the pipeline of big bucks is so strong.I think he is 6 or 7 . I've seen 3 over 190 and I think the one I'm looking for is close to 200"/ I think there are 11 bucks total on the farm from 170+ with several of them only 4 yrs old. Exciting.
          Congrats to the hound lady.

And that is a monster of a buck. Hope you can catch up to him. He would be a great trophy

Comment

You just cant let the tread die Rusty. Congrats to the gal.

Comment

Awesome rusty! Please don’t let it die! This is my all time favorite!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rusty if you plan to let this thread die I will completely understand. I sure it takes a lot of work to keep it going but promise you will at least put some of your top kills up when they happen.

Comment

What deer have been taken this year?

Comment

Rusty
                    Don't let it die. It's very informative and a thrill to see the results!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      Taxi just finishing my buck from last yr. . He will be showing it at Los Cazadores this weekend .
                      Hi Rusty..... long time man..... the buck came out awesome......

Comment

Keep it going please. WOW that is a monster and has some age

Shoot him

Comment

You continue to grow some absolute giants. I think i can speak for everyone about how much we really enjoy your posts. Personally, i have learned a lot from your thread, especially about food plots.

Comment

Mr. Baker, You and Mr. Steve (Garguy) have the two threads that brought me to this site and keep me coming back. This entire thread should be preserved as a reference for any landowner serious about habitat/ deer herd management. Thank you for the season update.

Comment

Good luck gettin that beast, Gato.
                              Congratulations on the awesome buck for the young Lady.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 12-04-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Direct correlation between nutrient density and health.. be it deer or people. This with no fertilizer, no till multi specie year round cover cropping.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X