Another Snake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denowt View Post
    The rude people are the ones who post on every snake ID thread with the "only good snake is a dead snake" crap.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I have no problem with it if you're scared of snakes or whatever reason you use to justify blindly killing every snake you encounter.
    The problem I have, is your opinion about snakes was not asked for. The poster is asking to identify a snake that he/she encountered. Your "dead snake" comments do not answer the question and do nothing to increase the value of the thread. It always leads to bickering/arguing back and forth.
    Yeah bc all the ppl whining "that was a good snake" have nothing to do with it.....did he asked if anyone thought he should learn more about snakes??

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
      Only mistake you made was posting it on TBH..
      Yep

Comment

Originally posted by jsf View Post
        yeah bc all the ppl whining "that was a good snake" have nothing to do with it.....did he asked if anyone thought he should learn more about snakes??
        bingo

Comment

Too many egos on here for sure....machismo. I know more than you stuff. Its crazy. The op was unsure and kids were involved....dead snake. Period. Now he knows he made a big mistake because that snake was actually helping his cause. I'm sure he feels bad enough as it is.

Comment

It is what it is and it's done now. But hey, now we know!

Comment

Hey! The snake mafia works, I used to kill everyone I see. Scouting the other day on 3000 acres and let a Rat snake walk in fear of developing a rodent problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
                Yeah bc all the ppl whining "that was a good snake" have nothing to do with it.....did he asked if anyone thought he should learn more about snakes??
                Um, yes. By asking what kind of snake it was, he was in fact asking for more information. No one insulted him for killing a snake he knew nothing about. He also seemed to welcome the input about the "good snake's" benefits since he doesn't want rattlesnakes around his place.
                Please name one time where someone asked to be insulted because they advised someone not to kill a snake.
                If you don't like snakes, fine. But don't comment on a thread where someone is asking for a snake ID.

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
                  Hey! The snake mafia works, I used to kill everyone I see. Scouting the other day on 3000 acres and let a Rat snake walk in fear of developing a rodent problem.
                  I'm pretty sure he didn't walk but crawled. I know, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Comment

Um, yes. By asking what kind of snake it was, he was in fact asking for more information. No one insulted him for killing a snake he knew nothing about. He also seemed to welcome the input about the "good snake's" benefits since he doesn't want rattlesnakes around his place.
                    Please name one time where someone asked to be insulted because they advised someone not to kill a snake.
                    If you don't like snakes, fine. But don't comment on a thread where someone is asking for a snake ID.
                    Please name one time where he asked if he shoulda killed it.....he asked what is it and a bunch of ppl started forcing their opinions on him......and I would let a kingsnake live but I wouldn't care if some guys on the internet approved.

Comment

Post #10 & 16 maybe

Comment

Not sure what's more ridiculous, some of the comments on this thread or me staying up till midnight reading it.

We killed chicken snakes all the time growing up. We had chickens, an they would eat our eggs. They would eat my pet quail. Chicken snake = dead snake around my place. Plus you can throw em over the fence to bring on a rain. If folks don't like that they are more than welcome to go pound sand.

Comment

Was anyone on here bitten by a non-venomous snake over 4ft. when they were a kid? I was, twice. And guess what, it freakin hurts. I don't blame you at all for killing any large snake around your children. All snakes bite, whether they are venomous or not. If you walk up on it in the woods, fine let it go. But in the kid's play area, it needs to be dealt with.

Comment

I grew up Outdoors in The Midwest and know what all the snakes look like . I will tell that I have caught poison snakes that were taken to research facilities but I have also killed a couple of " Good Snakes " because I was not able to quickly identify them in close proximity to my kids . I now have to learn Snake Identification all over again Down Here . The funny thing is , with ALL these Dangerous Snakes - It Is Illegal To Kill Them ! You have to move them to a " Safe Place " or call and pay a " Snake Handler " to do it . . .

Comment

Yep speckled king snake. Had several as pets growing up. Very docile. Fed him mice, but occasionally I'd feed him a snake, didn't matter, he'd eat them all.

Comment

A gator gar isn't going to eat something that might harm me.
                                gar eat snakes

Comment

Working...
                                X