Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Yep. Im not in the oil field ( though I do work for a oil tool co ) so Im not one of the evil rich oil field guys ( my brother is though he isnt rich by any means ) but it gets old seeing the jealousy. It takes a certain kind of person to deal with being gone all the time and missing time with family. IMO yall deserve whatever you can get because of what yall sacrifice. I dont have the guts to do it but you wont hear me whining about the compensation of those that do. Pure jealousy.
    Thank u for that sir im gone quite a bit and it gets old. But i do what I have to for MY FAMILY. I LIVE very humbly and still wear shirts my dad left behind when he died from the 90s ! Hopefully we find a happy medium and everyone is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      Dang you gotta work 26 hours a week

You need to find a better paying job, they are taking advantage of you..
      I like to really make certain people mad (who know what I make) when I go to a store and after seeing the price say "Dang, I need to find a better job!"

Comment

For example. I have family that work putting 4 or 6 bolts on the top of the well after it is "drilled" . Supposedly they pay him +$2k each to put these 4 or 6 bolts in and you have to be certified/licensed/? to tighten these bolts.

Been in the patch for 35 years and never saw anything on top that had only 4 to 6 bolts in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
          I tell you what. My company can cut all that out if you are willing to come cook all our crew meals everyday on your dime while they are at work living in a hotel away from their family and then drive them everywhere everyday they need to go to do their job and we can use your cell phone to field all the calls and check all the work emails that have to be fielded out in the field while working. Would that make you happy?

Wow! The statements made by those that are jealous of the money and perks others get for working away from their families doing a job most are not willing to do or not capable of doing just floors me.
          Very well said!!!!!

Some people just dont have a clue in ther head on what we do out here. Just like to run their trap...

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Hopefully all the nonsense per diem, phones, company trucks, extreme salaries, non sense write offs and all that will come to a slow halt

Because it is rediculous the money oilfields throw around because they can
            Someone slap him with a $100 bill because we can!!

Lol you don't have a clue dude

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Comment

Or our company truck !

Comment

Anybody in a panick and selling fallow deer hunts cheap yet?

Comment

Now that is a good question.
                    I'm not at all jealous of any of the big bank Hank O&G guys but I sure wish one of them would take me hunting on some them fancy ranches. Live it up boys.
                    Gitter while the gittins good. I would.

Comment

HaHa!!!! Perfect!!!

Comment

Quit being cheap and spend that oilfield cash

Comment

o come'on, there's lots of other people out there that can slap that $100 bill out too. Oil field isnt the only place to make a dollar. Its todays nickle and dime

Comment

And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.

How was that tech bubble going?

Whichever way. People look at their little bubbles and think they won't be affected. Be happy over $25 per tank savings while American jobs are lost and YOUR money is buying oil from foreign countries instead of American.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                How was that tech bubble going?

Whichever way. People look at their little bubbles and think they won't be affected. Be happy over $25 per tank savings while American jobs are lost and YOUR money is buying oil from foreign countries instead of American.
                                Yep and that tech bubble got stupid big and broke. Everything is cyclical.

Comment

Working...
                                X