No announcement yet.

GOP Tax Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a win for stockholders not so much for the national debt. Lots of assumptions and predictions that are iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      Earned income tax credit......

If you don't pay any taxes but they send you a check for 5 or 6 thousand dollars just for being alive..... UGH
      I have always said, imagine how fast we could reduce our deficit if we simply made a law that you cannot get more in a refund than you have paid in. Think how much money that would save our government.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
        I have always said, imagine how fast we could reduce our deficit if we simply made a law that you cannot get more in a refund than you have paid in. Think how much money that would save our government.
        like that idea

Comment

It’s a win for stockholders not so much for the national debt. Lots of assumptions and predictions that are iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
            Www.taxpolicycenter.org

Looks like a winner for corporate tax and no real benefit for most Americans.
            I hear and see this thought regurgitated often, but without examples or validity. If you do the simple math you can see the benefits of this new proposal. I'll save you some time with the following:

Plain and simple, this proposal affects most of us, and in a good way.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              If corporate America has more money to invest back into the company and into the economy then its a win for every American.
              That's not what happens.
              Usually those profits are stored offshore so they aren't taxed

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                That's not what happens.
                Usually those profits are stored offshore so they aren't taxed
                The reason they are/were stored offshore is because of the high tax rate. Make it reasonable you will see it come back.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                  ..........to buy votes.

DJ
                  great taste...!

Comment

The reason they are/were stored offshore is because of the high tax rate. Make it reasonable you will see it come back.
                    LoL it's not taxed at all abroad.
                    But that money is also left offshore because its easier to get things done abroad when the money already sits in a local bank

Comment

I'm amazed at how many people oppose these changes on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
                        like that idea
                        Shut up and keep paying your fair share!

Comment

Yeah...it's a good plan for corporate & should help them grow / hire more folks / raises etc. They did good there but they are failing miserably on the personal side, specifically middle class where it is needed most.

Comment

This is the same angle most people are taking, and I'm not sure why. The only other angle I'm seeing is from opposing politicians that think these changes only help extremely wealthy folks

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              Earned income tax credit......

If you don't pay any taxes but they send you a check for 5 or 6 thousand dollars just for being alive..... UGH
                              X2

I think EVERYONE should pay Taxes. No Taxes - you have nothing at stake for the success of this country. This also helps to finance single mothers and keep fathers out of the picture. It's an unintended consequence that is destroying families.

Comment

Working...
                              X