Arrow setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    Yes, but. For your draw, that bow is closer to 50. You have an inch more shaft (weaker) and alot more weight up front (weaker)... so those arrows were spined okay.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Um, thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
      Um, thanks?
      Umm you're welcome

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I the only one whos never had luck with the calculators?

Also what arrow weights you all running? From the shafts everyone is running they must be heavy! I shoot at full length easton aftermath 400 full length, with a 125 grain head (standard insert). Shooting a DX5 dalaa at 56 at 29, and they bare shaft perfect, with great broadhead flight.

They come in at 450ish grains and never had a problem on elk or hogs. Not the best if the only thing you want is penetration but by far the best for me overall. After tuning an arrow I shoot it and keep notes on the range, shooting at unknown yardage out to 45/50 yards. Thats how I end up with my arrows.

For me spines have come in on full length shafts (31.5 inch shafts, some come longer thats just the length of my aftermaths, so I run that length) with standard inserts 600 spine/30lbs range, 500 spine/ 40lbs range, 400 spine/ 50lbs range, 340spine/60lbs range. Now obviously if your start shortening them you'll drop a spine and if you start adding weight you'll go up a size. At least that been with my recurves at my 29 inch draw length.
        Last edited by tradslam; 06-05-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

The ones for my 45lb bow weigh around 640g.

Richard.

Comment

dear god!

Comment

Seriously Richard? Do you use them for bow fishing?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
              Last edited by DRT; 06-05-2017, 03:56 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post

Comment

Bowfishing?

Comment

Those are heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                    Bowfishing?
                    I meant to quote Junkers88

Comment

lol I was like, man they gotta be spawning and backs out of the water with my hunting arrows. Mine would be like shooting a cork into the water.

Comment

Weight may equal penetration but I like a little flatter trajectory. If I can get 185 to 195 fps out of a 50lb set up at my dl I'm happy.

Comment

Same here, if I could shoot the same groups with more weight, I would. I just cant do it.
                          Last edited by tradslam; 06-05-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                            Am I the only one whos never had luck with the calculators?

Also what arrow weights you all running? From the shafts everyone is running they must be heavy! I shoot at full length easton aftermath 400 full length, with a 125 grain head (standard insert). Shooting a DX5 dalaa at 56 at 29, and they bare shaft perfect, with great broadhead flight.

They come in at 450ish grains and never had a problem on elk or hogs. Not the best if the only thing you want is penetration but by far the best for me overall. After tuning an arrow I shoot it and keep notes on the range, shooting at unknown yardage out to 45/50 yards. Thats how I end up with my arrows.

For me spines have come in on full length shafts (31.5 inch shafts, some come longer thats just the length of my aftermaths, so I run that length) with standard inserts 600 spine/30lbs range, 500 spine/ 40lbs range, 400 spine/ 50lbs range, 340spine/60lbs range. Now obviously if your start shortening them you'll drop a spine and if you start adding weight you'll go up a size. At least that been with my recurves at my 29 inch draw length.
                            Take your current tuned set up and enter it in the calculator. Now enter different numbers from 15 to -15 till your within 2 pounds. Then use that number with your calculator and all will come out better in the future.

Comment

Isn't that like saying catch the fish them adjust the tare weight on the scale to make it weigh what you want?

Comment

I was referring more to guys that are using it as a base to buy arrows.

I can't have arrows that aren't perfect, it will get in my head lol. I'll spend time spinning them, nock tuning and if they end up a little weak, or stiff they go on ebay. For me I need a specific arrow length and spine to keep me shooting a little longer distances.

Unless I do any big 5 stuff I'll probably shoot the same setup forever. They ended up balancing out to good for my style of shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X