No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made sausage last night to smoke today. Realized I used half of the required cure. Suggestions?

Also lowest hot smoking method?

Comment

Also made some last night. 7 pounds of breakfast pan sausage, 10 lbs of jap and cheese link sausage, and 35 lbs of jap and cheese summer sausage. Going on the smoker this evening.

Comment

Uncased added the rest of the cure and recased. Glad I caught the mistake. I'll double check from now on

Comment

for some reason, I can't get the spreadsheet to open? Can someone repost the actual recipe's?

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
            for some reason, I can't get the spreadsheet to open? Can someone repost the actual recipe's?
            EliteDriver, not as easy as simply reposting them. They are formulas. Put on the amount of meat you have and it adjust to the correct amount of spice.

Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles1181 View Post
              EliteDriver, not as easy as simply reposting them. They are formulas. Put on the amount of meat you have and it adjust to the correct amount of spice.

Eagle
              Ahhh....Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles1181 View Post

Eagle
                Ah....got it. Thanks

Comment

We made some of the pork and venison this weekend. It was great! Thanks of posting these recipes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can I make chorizo with only deer meat? The recipe only calls for pork.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                      We made some of the pork and venison this weekend. It was great! Thanks of posting these recipes.

Good job Saint! Geaux Saints

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks again Travis. Been using these for a few years now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                          Ok. I began getting so many emails that i decided to just post my excel sausage recipes on here for everyone. If you have any questions let me know. Just click on it and download it to your computer.

[ATTACH]76469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76470[/ATTACH]
                          Quick question, as I think I may have messed up.

I made 50# of sausage yesterday and it said only 1.2oz of cure if drying. I used quick tender and I want to cold smoke and let hang til dry. Is that enough curr or do I have to hot smoke and bring up to 165 as I just read in your directions? Ive never used quick tender or added my own cure. Always bought seasoning which had the pink cure in it and never had a problem cold smoking and letting hang. I just dont want to spoil all this sausage or get somebody sick....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

You will be fine, it won't spoil especially if you are going to vacuum pack and freeze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Travis
                              In your Italian, Pork/Venison recipe, how do I use the whole fennel? Do you mean dicing some off the fresh fennel bulb?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Hudson View Post
                                Travis
                                In your Italian, Pork/Venison recipe, how do I use the whole fennel? Do you mean dicing some off the fresh fennel bulb?
                                I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he is talking about whole fennel seed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X