No announcement yet.

Picked up bobcat today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the hardest mounts to do and 9 out of 10 look like crap. That being said yours is definitely on the upper end compared to a lot I’ve seen on here

Comment

It's not cross or bug eyed like many bobcat mounts - so that's a win!

Comment

I like it, looks good

Comment

It's better than most, that grace these pages, but not what I'd expect from a big name shop like W&W.

IMO, it looks skinny because it wasn't groomed correctly. It needed to be back brushed, while it was drying to get the fur to fluff up, and not be slicked down. I have mounted a few cats, though, that didn't have enough fur to fluff; yours might just be one of those.

Comment

Looks ok. I’m not seeing the “skinny”. I mounted one two weeks ago that was a young road kill summer cat that was super skinny and I tried to fluff him to no avail.

This cat’s ears don’t look “right” and his eyes seem to be looking way too far apart. My other thing is that the pose looks too un-natural.

But, if you’re happy, then that’s all that matters.

Comment

Agree with the skinny. Face looks a little off but overall above average in my opinion.

Congrats on getting it back

Comment

Looks great for the size of cat it is. Small skinny cats, don't look near as good as larger northern cats with long fur.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Time of year it was killed is probably the biggest factor in the skinny look... October, the cats are coming off a very hot summer so probably just starting to put on winter coat. That will tend to make look a bit scruffy while fur is still thin. Little to no fur, just primary hair so no fluff... The first couple pics, are not flattering for the mount to me, but the last couple are and make it appear MUCH better. Neck don't look right, nor to the eyes... a bit wide set and looking unnaturally up or something. However, overall, it is a very nice mount and I think the pose may have more to do with the unnatural look than anything... rear up/head down is not something done often I think...

Comment

Do you guys have the taxidermist add points to your deer?

Bobcats are skinny I have never seen a fat tom, maybe a pregnant female with a little pudge

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	42341703-8624-4AAC-9361-86B9799E02F2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	24587621

Click image for larger version

Name:	81056CDC-311F-459B-B30C-092BC12AF2C6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	24587622

If this is the same cat, I’d say they missed the mark a little and is skinner than he should be.

Comment

I think it looks better than average for a bobcat, but not perfect, but there may be reasons for that.
                          I have one that looks worse.

Comment

Cats are tough. I have never killed a bob that has perfect combed elvis sideburns. Look at pic #2 his face looks like a cat. Cat eyes are so hard to nail. We live in Texas, I am not a fan of the position of this one. At the end of the day if that mount reminds you if the hunt it is a win.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like that mount. Looks good enjoy it.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X