Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Here's Whats Happening in Your Neck of the Woods

Simple thread:
    Post up where your hunting and what your seeing/killing. Roker style!

I will start. Hall county. This morn I set and watched my bachelor group of 5 bucks. They ate almost all the corn, I leaned over to see where they were going and my chair squeeked so loud they bolted! Mr big is still nocturnal so pigs are hitting the main menu this eve.

Right now its so dang windy Im hiding in the rifle blind! Will get down when it calms a touch.

or In Medina County. Saw two average eights and some doe. I did shoot a Turkey about 9:00 am to break the ice. Back on stand and maybe a biggun will show up.
    Last edited by JGreen31; 10-01-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Setting listening to neighbors kids ride the fence. Crows squirrels cranes in the river. No deer yet. Hope that kid gets a flat or runs out of gas.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texcop153 View Post
        Setting listening to neighbors kids ride the fence. Crows squirrels cranes in the river. No deer yet. Hope that kid gets a flat or runs out of gas.

Thats funny... We are in hall county seeing nada but some quail, but coons and pigs should be here soon.lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Leon county, nothin so far but a armadillo. This mornin had alittle six until a yote scared him and everythin else off

Comment

Denton county.. Seeing alot if does on the TC but holding out for something that will make the AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texcop153 View Post

Ha ha thats funny. ITS WWIII over here!

My neighbors are now using their deer lease as a firing range since 4pm this afternoon. They started out with pistols but are now onto shotguns! I guess not everybody bow hunts. But they know Im here hunting sure would be nice if they quit blasting!!! Getting closer and closer to that magic hour! Hope my hunts not ruined.

Comment

Not much happening in Waller county. 13-14" 8 pt, squirrels and rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
                  or In Medina County. Saw two average eights and some doe. I did shoot a Turkey about 9:00 am to break the ice. Back on stand and maybe a biggun will show up.
                  Nice

Nice

Comment

Not seeing anything yet but they will be here

Comment

Still nothing but squirrels and two otters in the river. I'm going to set after dark just for grins. I here a madiache band to the east.

Comment

Leon county - nothing - should be squirrel hunting instead - checked trail cam from last week and got pics of doe, buck, hog, coyote and a fox - nice mix

Comment

Well hunted this moring by myself one squirrel that if I could have got a shot at I would have stuck him but, he was sitting in my feeder eating!! Tonight I got the great pleasure of taking my 5 year old hunting for the first time!!! We got in the ameristep at 3:30 and made all the way to 5. Then he was done. I had the greatest time of my life sitting the stand with my son!!! Then he leaned over and asked "dad whenever you go hunting can I go with you? I wake up really easy if you want to wake me up in the morning!" So gonna try it agian the morning and I hope we get to see something!! Sorry long post for an easy question but, I was so dong happy I had to tell some one!!! Sorry forgot to say Panola County

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by nathank View Post
                              Well hunted this moring by myself one squirrel that if I could have got a shot at I would have stuck him but, he was sitting in my feeder eating!! Tonight I got the great pleasure of taking my 5 year old hunting for the first time!!! We got in the ameristep at 3:30 and made all the way to 5. Then he was done. I had the greatest time of my life sitting the stand with my son!!! Then he leaned over and asked "dad whenever you go hunting can I go with you? I wake up really easy if you want to wake me up in the morning!" So gonna try it agian the morning and I hope we get to see something!! Sorry long post for an easy question but, I was so dong happy I had to tell some one!!! Sorry forgot to say Panola County
                              Thats awesome! Cant wait to get my son in the blind!

Tapatalk rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X