Will he survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    If you kill him please post up pics of these antlers big enough to black out ...

Good luck...
    Do you have an opinion as if he makes it or not?

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      His leg will survive it. But he may not
      That's funny crap

Comment

I had a three legged deer hobble by me about 15 years ago. I was rifle hunting and had only a few seconds and I decided to take him because I felt he was suffering. When I got to him his antlers were almost grown together and his leg was missing at the shoulder. The wound was old and healed up. I’m not sure how long he had been like that but I felt a little bad for shooting him. He was a resilient old buck for sure. They are tough.

Comment

I posted this last year. Killed in MS late season with a rifle. They are tough animals
          Attached Files

Comment

I had this one coming last year, and although he had water and food close to good cover once the rut hit my father in law ended up shooting him close to 2-3 miles from this spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d give better than even odds he’ll live. Looks like a broken leg. Maybe hit by a car?

The tissue will die off around a bad break and the leg will fall off. I make my living in the brush and can count on one hand the number of deer I’ve come across killed by infection. Predators may get them while they’re weak, but they almost never succumb to infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                This picture is about 50 yards from one of our tanks. He has food, water and good cover in very close proximity. All good reasons for him to stay close to this area. We will focus our efforts over the next couple weeks around this area and hopefully get a shot on him.
                Well, that is a plus for him. He doesn't have to move much, he might make it. Deer are very tough. Buzzards will let you know whats up.

Comment

Man that’s rough

Comment

Working...
                  X