"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

granger

Thinking about going to granger below the dam probably this Thursday during the day and do some walking around see if I cannot spot some hog and than stalk up to them to get a good shot at one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
      Thinking about going to granger below the dam probably this Thursday during the day and do some walking around see if I cannot spot some hog and than stalk up to them to get a good shot at one of them
      Dont think. Just do. Ive heard reports below the dam is getting over hunted...but prolly a good day to go since its a weekday.

Good luck.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

ya going definitely Thursday during the day.

Comment

Thinking about going to Granger this weekend to do some hog hunting. Any advice on where to go? Would it be worth putting a feeder out there or is there a good chance it will get stolen?
          Last edited by youngbuck; 03-08-2017, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck View Post
            Thinking about going to Granger this weekend to do some hog hunting. Any advice on where to go? Would it be worth putting a feeder out there or is there a good chance it will get stolen?
            Pick a spot, and go. Put some miles in. You'll find them. Those pigs got plenty to eat.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
              ya going definitely Thursday during the day.
              We put some miles in down there two weekends ago. We ended up seeing to lone boars. They didn't want to get shot though. That and the wife ain't too stealthy in the brush.

Comment

I will be at circleville in the tree stand half of the morning and will be doing some stalking after around 9am if anyone wants to join tomorrow.

Comment

Is there anything other than a public hunting permit and a license that you need to hunt out there with a bow?

Comment

You need hog tags. Duchess sells them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

well went and walked pecan grove Thursday morning. seen a lot of signs that they are back up in there but, never did see any was there most of the day. got out there at first light and left about 4 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by kellwill View Post
                        I will be at circleville in the tree stand half of the morning and will be doing some stalking after around 9am if anyone wants to join tomorrow.
                        That's where you are wrong! You will hardly ever see a pig after first light at granger and especially by circleville....only hunt the last 30 min b4 dark and get the Heck away from high pressured circleville bridge...I have never seen a hog on that side of the river in my life...other side of rr bridge on that small patch under bridge. Yes

Comment

Thinkin about loading up the hog dogs and letting them go at the 95 bridge in the morning . Just got my high power rifle sighted in . Im good out to 50 yards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                            That's where you are wrong! You will hardly ever see a pig after first light at granger and especially by circleville....only hunt the last 30 min b4 dark and get the Heck away from high pressured circleville bridge...I have never seen a hog on that side of the river in my life...other side of rr bridge on that small patch under bridge. Yes
                            I don't hunt the bridge area I walk about a mile or more past it and always see pigs

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
                              Thinkin about loading up the hog dogs and letting them go at the 95 bridge in the morning . Just got my high power rifle sighted in . Im good out to 50 yards

On this episode of Lone Star Law...

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post

Cant believe you didn't get any nibbles.....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X