No announcement yet.

The First Batch!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Jose...I just used one coat of white laquer, and made the fade with normal crylon red spray paint, then fletched!, Just be sure not to get any of the fade where you are going to be fletching or the paint will melt and the vanes will not stick worth a crap.

Comment

So, the vanes will adhere on the laquer?

Comment

Kevin, they bond to the laquer very well.

Comment

I tried this tonight on a gold tip, it's really simple and took about 30 minutes. It looks like a coat of clear lacquer will need to go over the white and fade color, it seemed a little soft. I'll see how it is in the morning and decide to use it or not on the others. This is a really neat project to do.

Comment

Finally finished a batch of 8. I had a friend (Texas Grown) to help me do the first ones last year so I could watch it first hand. I watched Cotton's video but was not confident enuff at first. This is the first one's I have done myself and first time I have fletched any arrows. I used these nocks to fletch the arrows but I have luminoks for them already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	23824742
            Last edited by switchback; 04-08-2007, 01:47 AM.

Comment

don't know why those pics come across fuzzy..here is one more..

Click image for larger version

Name:	6d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	23824743

Comment

Those things are way too pretty to shoot out of a Mathews!!!!!!

J/K, nicely done.

Comment

Wow, I had some done like that back in the 80's and much prefer to wraps! i would love to do some but I don't have any artistic skill at all!!!

Comment

Gw... those look great.. I am going to shoot mx 4's and lumenoks this year and they're red so I think I might do my next batch red and white like yours.

Big D.. I think I should have faded half way between where you stopped and I stopped. I like the way yours have more white.

Comment

Those look pretty good. I did my first batch a few months ago.

Comment

shadow- the colors you used turned out awesome!

i know this might sound lazy, but do any of you have any 0.02 on the shrink wraps/fletchings that cabelas sells? are they ok, good, or a complete selling ploy and suck? easy to apply or not worth the trouble? i just saw them the other day on their site and wondered what the main consensus was? thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
                        X