Help with cheap AR pistol and decent AR rifle builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been an AR guy, but hopefully that is about to change. Just picked up 2 AeroPrecision stripped lowers. This is all I have at the moment so ill be buying/ordering everything else.

First one I want to build is a dirt cheap 300 BLK pistol. This will be used and abused, ride in the back floorboard of my truck, in the dust and mud on the ranger, get wet, dirty, and just flat out abused. Basically something to grab when running across hogs, yotes, or other vermin that need taken out. Accuracy goals are killing critters out to 100-125 yds. I dont want/need fancy. I plan to keep it iron sights or maybe a cheap red dot.

Second build will be a standard 5.56/223, 16" barrel, etc. Nothing fancy, just functional. I plan to mount a night scope on this one for hogs/predators out to 150 yds.

Basically looking for recommendations on parts, vendors, etc. Ive been browsing PSA, but wondering if there are better deals out there. I also have some amazon gift cards so anything I can order from there is a plus!

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
    Never been an AR guy, but hopefully that is about to change. Just picked up 2 AeroPrecision stripped lowers. This is all I have at the moment so ill be buying/ordering everything else.

First one I want to build is a dirt cheap 300 BLK pistol. This will be used and abused, ride in the back floorboard of my truck, in the dust and mud on the ranger, get wet, dirty, and just flat out abused. Basically something to grab when running across hogs, yotes, or other vermin that need taken out. Accuracy goals are killing critters out to 100-125 yds. I dont want/need fancy. I plan to keep it iron sights or maybe a cheap red dot.

Second build will be a standard 5.56/223, 16" barrel, etc. Nothing fancy, just functional. I plan to mount a night scope on this one for hogs/predators out to 150 yds.

Basically looking for recommendations on parts, vendors, etc. Ive been browsing PSA, but wondering if there are better deals out there. I also have some amazon gift cards so anything I can order from there is a plus!

Sign up for their newsletter and you will get the weekend deals emails. I picked up a 16 inch 5.56 1:7 twist complete upper (without BCG) for 330$ through that email. Pretty hard to beat for what you are wanting.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Keep an eye on Texas Gun Trader, there are cheap uppers there all the time

Comment

Found this one on PSA. What am I missing? Sure seems cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
          Found this one on PSA. What am I missing? Sure seems cheap.

No bolt carrier group or charging handle. There’s another $125-$300. The included hand guard can’t be used for attaching accessories. To swap it out will require a new handrail and a new gas block.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
            No bolt carrier group or charging handle. There’s another $125-$300. The included hand guard can’t be used for attaching accessories. To swap it out will require a new handrail and a new gas block.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of carbine length hand guards out there. A magpul handguard allows attachment of accessories with their MOE rails. Even a Troy Alpha rail will fit this but will require removal of front sight to install unlike magpul.

And BCG ( nickel boron) and CH were on sale this weekend at PSA for 89$ for both.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Sanders Armory, great people to do business with.

Comment

I’ve had good luck dealing with primary arms in Pearland. Plus they always have a good sale going on.

100 yards with a 300BLK pistol is doable, but I would probably keep shots closer to 50-75 until you get a decent amount of trigger time.

Comment

I love Aero lowers and uppers! If you are looking to build an upper, I really like Rock River barrels. Very accurate. For a budget I bought a 16" stainless Bear Creek Arsenal barrel from Primary Arms that was on sale for $50. I have been very impressed with it so far.

Comment

PSA, Primary Arms, Joe Bob Outfitters and more. You can find most anything you want if you're patient and look around. I built my nephew a 6.8 SPC for right at $500 with scope. Mostly used parts, but they work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Went with PSA, bought the stuff for a 7.5" 300 BLK pistol and a 18" 223 wylde rifle!

Comment

check this as many times per day as you can:

Comment

Working...
                        X