X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is form 4457 for?

Comment

Originally posted by sec View Post
      How much cash should I take, for final bill, tips, etc?
      Did you pay the final bill to the Outfitter with cash or credit?
      Dip and ship company cash or credit?
      Most outfits want cash...... I used to just wire over however much I thought my final bill would be a head of time. If I had some left they wired it back after the hunt or If I owed them a little more I would wire it to them when I got back home.

Don't leave money in your room.

If you decide to take cash you can't get out of the country with more than $10,000.00 in your pocket.
      As soon as you get to the farm give it to the outfitter so he can put it in a safe.
      Dip and Ship will let you pay with CC and normally you will never meet them.
      It is something that gets sorted out once you are back home.

Comment

I plan the animals I want to take and budget accordingly. I then wire about that much to my outfitter by the time I head over. Or at least 85% of it since you never know what you will end up shooting. Ask your outfitter if they take credit cards. Mine did not until recently. Now they do but there is a fee. I always brought enough cash for tips and spending money for souvenirs. If I owed a balance at the end they always just let me pay that when I got back home. My outfitter has a US bank account so I just wrote a check and deposited in their account. You'll have to check with your outfitter as to how they do it. But, the only cash I ever took was for tips.

Dip and Ship comes later, after you are home and they can usually take credit cards or they will have a US bank account as well that you can make a deposit into.

Comment

I would check with your outfitter and see what they recommend. I took travelers cheques.

You may take over $10k in cash but you do have to report it through customs.

Comment

Get Global Rescue and Global entry.

Comment

Comment

Thanks everyone
                I guess I need to call them, it says on Dries Visser website that the bill needs to be settled the last day before leaving the office.
                I don't mind paying cash but am worried about carrying that much money and they have a 3% credit card fee. Of course that would be some Cabela's point......

Comment

Thanks everyone
                  I guess I need to call them, it says on Dries Visser website that the bill needs to be settled the last day before leaving the office.
                  I don't mind paying cash but am worried about carrying that much money and they have a 3% credit card fee. Of course that would be some Cabela's point......
                  Dries has a USA bank account you can deposit money into before you leave

Comment

Thanks everyone
                    That is probably standard language for the website. I bet if you are close to 90% when you leave he will not have a problem with you paying the rest when you return. Especially since it appears he has a US bank account. Also ask them about checks. A lot of times they will accept a check if they have a US account. Especially now with remote deposit apps, he can deposit it from SA with his phone. much better than bringing all that cash.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                      Lots of info from this thread I started before I went to Africa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Best Buy or Amazon sells an all-in-one adapter that works all over the world. They're cheap.

Like others have said, don't over pack. They do laundry everyday. 3 sets of clothes are plenty.

Take a flash drive or memory stick. Your guide will take a million great photos and you'll want to take them home with you.

I assume you're bow hunting, but if not, 30.06 is a great round. Plus, you can tip your guides with ammo. I've also tipped my guides with hunting boots, clothes, bino's, etc...all of which is very expensive across the pond.

If you're traveling with a firearm, I highly recommend RiflePermits.com. Henry and his team are excellent. Its euphoric when they walk you to front of the customs line and you by-pass a sea of humanity.

If you have an AmEx card, check into their Priority Pass service. It gives you and your traveling companions free access to a host of airport hospitality lounges...free food and free booze.

I'll PM you my cell and give me a shout if you'd like to BS. Lastly, I couldn't be more happy for you...you're gonna love it.

Comment

Love too

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                        Best Buy or Amazon sells an all-in-one adapter that works all over the world. They're cheap.

Like others have said, don't over pack. They do laundry everyday. 3 sets of clothes are plenty.

Take a flash drive or memory stick. Your guide will take a million great photos and you'll want to take them home with you.

I assume you're bow hunting, but if not, 30.06 is a great round. Plus, you can tip your guides with ammo. I've also tipped my guides with hunting boots, clothes, bino's, etc...all of which is very expensive across the pond.

If you're traveling with a firearm, I highly recommend RiflePermits.com. Henry and his team are excellent. Its euphoric when they walk you to front of the customs line and you by-pass a sea of humanity.

If you have an AmEx card, check into their Priority Pass service. It gives you and your traveling companions free access to a host of airport hospitality lounges...free food and free booze.

I'll PM you my cell and give me a shout if you'd like to BS. Lastly, I couldn't be more happy for you...you're gonna love it.
                        I’d love to talk to someone that’s been!!
                        It may take me a while to be able to talk I’ve been sick for two months now with little to no voice, but if you could pm my your number I would love to talk As soon as I’m able.
                        Unfortunately I have to rifle hunt, shoulders wont let me bow hunt anymore..I’m just all jacked up anymore sold all my bow hunting equipment, so I’ll be taking my 300wby mag.
                        Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Ok guys. This is where I am at. Have I forgot anything?
                          Dates set with outfitter
                          Plane tickets booked
                          Travel insurance is done
                          Global Rescue is done
                          Dip and Pack shipper contacted and papers done so I am in system
                          Import agent contacted and papers started with them
                          Power adapter is bought
                          Taking a rifle. Paper work in Riflepermits hands all ready
                          Up on Tetanus shots
                          Meds from dr taken care of.

What major may I have missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by smb250 View Post
                            Dates set with outfitter
                            Plane tickets booked
                            Travel insurance is done
                            Global Rescue is done
                            Dip and Pack shipper contacted and papers done so I am in system
                            Import agent contacted and papers started with them
                            Power adapter is bought
                            Up on Tetanus shots
                            Meds from dr taken care of.

Make sure your passport has some blank pages and don't forget your passport

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                              Make sure your passport has some blank pages and don't forget your passport

Forgot to post that! New passport in hand!

Comment

Originally posted by smb250 View Post

Change rifle out for bow. [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X