• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's call shot two 7/16ths.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, DRT!

How are you holding the string now -- with two on solid and index lightly touching the nock side?

Comment

Split with ring finger tip on string but not hooked. I've shot about a dozen arrows that way. I can hold my normal form and follow through. Tried that back in November but it still shocked the crud out of that finger each release. So for now I'll keep shooting a few arrows this way and let that finger continue to heal. Swelling is way down but still half again the size of the other side. Must say though the six shots I took today made me feel better about life.

Last edited by DRT; 01-22-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Split with ring finger tip on string but not hooked. I've shot about a dozen arrows that way. I can hold my normal form and follow through. Tried that back in November but it still shocked the crud out of that finger each release. So for now I'll keep shooting a few arrows this way and let that finger continue to heal. Swelling is way down but still half again the size of the other side. Must say though the six shots I took today made me feel better about life.

Aha. Forgot it's the ring finger that's hurt. Anyway, glad you're figuring it out while continuing to heal.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 2 / Shot 2

Once again, my brain fixed on the lollipop aim.
            It all felt so good/natural, that before I knew it the arrow was gone.

It hit right where I had the point settled, and THAT SETTLES IT.
            I am going to adjust for, and continue to use the lollipop style aiming,
            because it comes natural, and I am able to maintain a much better left/right hold with it.

Good shooting so far folks.
            Keep it up.

Rick

Comment

Day 1/Shot 1 - 7/8"
              This is only my second shooting session after about a 2 month layoff, so I'm not displeased with this shot. I just hope I can keep it up.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not posting the picture. 3 3/4" out for me on shot two. Had a crappy day at work and came home to hopefully relax outside. After that shot I just about chucked the bow over the fence.

Time to get something to snack on and then head back out there and send some shafts downrange.

Richard.

Edit: you guys sure know how to set the bar high don't cha?!

Comment

Day two, shot two.
                  .61 or between 39/64 and 5/8.

Comment

Day 1. Shot 1. Wanted to start yesterday but my old friend Gout came to town two weeks ago and has still not left. I’m thinking 7/32”. Good shooting guys.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	5BA5FEFB-23CB-400E-959F-C8254CA003DC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24527281

Comment

Too busy working on wife's Hyundai and my own F150 to shoot today. Some good shooting going on, though.
                      Geezy: Rick likes 64ths; and don't cheat yourself out of that paper thickness ... and 32nds, Ken... sometimes 16ths just don't do justice. ; nice shot Phillip.

And, oh yeah, great shot, Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Too busy working on wife's Hyundai and my own F150 to shoot today. Some good shooting going on, though.
                        Geezy: Rick likes 64ths; and don't cheat yourself out of that paper thickness ... and 32nds, Ken... sometimes 16ths just don't do justice. ; nice shot Phillip.

And, oh yeah, great shot, Rick!
                        I’d be cheating y’all with sixteenths and cheating myself with quarters haha!

Comment

Man that is some good shooting men way to go!!

Comment

Don't make me get out my digital micrometer . . . [emoji849]

Comment

Shot 1 last night... 4 3/8"
                              Found fistemele was off...
                              Shot 2 this mornin... 2 3/16"
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Lollipop - Lollipop - Oh Lolli - Lolli Lolli - Lollipop - Be Dum Dum Dum - Lollipop !

Anyone remember that song?

Spent a bit last evening adjusting my 15 yard crawl to work for my lollipop style aiming.

It worked out real well.
                                Today's shot was holding the tip of the arrow right on the shot #2 hole (as best I could).

Day 3 / Shot 3 - Total = -1"

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X