Eating Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating Exotics

What exotics do you consider edible? I typically hunt an area that has little to no exotics, therefore I have never taken any animals for consumption other that whitetail deer and pigs.

I will eat any game animal with the exception of sheep, i.e. texas dall, black hawaiian, etc.

Comment

Axis, Elk, Sitka to name a few

Comment

Anything but any of the sheep for the most part. All of them that I have eaten (axis, fallow, red deer, gemsbok, sika, scimitar, nilgai, eland) are good to great table fare. Sheep, well, their sheep and taste like they smell....

Comment

Aoudad ewe is ok ,a big male nasty.
          Fallow, sika, Oryx, and elk, are all better than white tail.

Comment

Black Buck?

Comment

Nilgai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Black buck is one of my favorite, only problem with bb is they are too small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                  Anything but any of the sheep for the most part. All of them that I have eaten (axis, fallow, red deer, gemsbok, sika, scimitar, nilgai, eland) are good to great table fare. Sheep, well, their sheep and taste like they smell....
                  I agree with this ... and yes, I've tried sheep, goats, and aoudad.
                  Now, if I was starving, I would eat the sheep.
                  But I ain't starving.

Comment

Nilgai and Oryx are fantastic. Everyone told me that mouflon was terrible, but I shot a young ram earlier this year that was great eating.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=OldRiverRat;12945829]Black buck is one of my favorite, only problem with bb is they are too small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUO

i don't think I have even seen one in real life........maybe in a zoo. Just not any exotics where I hunt, we did have a red stage on our lease, but only saw it on game camera.

Comment

Axis is better tasting than whitetail.. Elk is very tasty

Comment

Pretty much all of it. I had texas dall backstrap for dinner last night tasted good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                            Black Buck?
                            Yes they are good. Everything I’ve had is very good, most of the time better than whitetail

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              Black buck is one of my favorite, only problem with bb is they are too small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X