Doe in the yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe in the yard

yesterday evening i was in my shop and heard a deer blowing in front of the house. I walked around to see what was going on and a doe was in the front yard blowing at my cat. Apparently she had her fawn very close by and didnt want that Tom cat around. I walked in the house and my wife and daughters were watching out the window. The cat and deer were having a stare down in the yard. Finally the cat broke and ran to the porch and doe was hot on his heels. She ran up to within 20 feet of the porch chasing the cat, then she just walked back to the edge of yard and started feeding around. Pretty cool evening.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	yard doe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	25116534

Nice!

Comment

That's how life should be!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, that is awesome!

Comment

Is sure is cool having deer in the yard. A few years ago my Lab had walked by a doe in the yard that had a fawn and the doe chased him down a hit him a couple of times before I could intervene. All the deer in our yard knew my Lab was no threat because he would lay in the yard within 10 yards of them all the time while they ate and he would pay them no attention but when a doe has a fawn all bets are off.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              Is sure is cool having deer in the yard. A few years ago my Lab had walked by a doe in the yard that had a fawn and the doe chased him down a hit him a couple of times before I could intervene. All the deer in our yard knew my Lab was no threat because he would lay in the yard within 10 yards of them all the time while they ate and he would pay them no attention but when a doe has a fawn all bets are off.
              A doe tried that with my Blue Lacy. The Doe ended up running off after my dog dog called her bluff. The fawn just bedded down as the doe distracted the dog.

Comment

Its neat to watch. Had a couple pass through yesterday standing next to my truck. They have the knowledge to known when its deer season and off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've still got the same doe from the last two years hanging around our place. This year just like last she's got her twins with here and is hugely pregnant. Last year she ended up having her twins inside the fence around our house out in the Bermuda grass that I never mow. I so much more prefer watching nature instead of neighbors.

Richard.

Comment

I'm convinced the deer bring their new born fawns in close to the house to protect them from predators......this one took it a little too far

Click image for larger version

Name:	porch deer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	24498674

Comment

I watched a buck ground check my 3D deer with horns and then force himself on my pronghorn target. I had to run him off before he destroyed it too. There was blood all over the rear end of that target. Right in the front yard. During the rut I just put targets up because they're sometimes laying on the ground dismantled in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                        I'm convinced the deer bring their new born fawns in close to the house to protect them from predators......this one took it a little too far

[ATTACH]858469[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]858469[/ATTACH]
                          If that ever happened here my daughter would have it in the house laying on the couch eating cookies.

Richard.

Comment

[ATTACH]858469[/ATTACH]
                            I have no doubt they do, well maybe not on the porch like yours. They leave them in our yard all the time. Here is a pic, no fawns in the pic but you can see I have plenty of fawn producers that I feed a lot. I will have anywhere from 10-35 deer come in each feeding and some will let me get to within 5ft of them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's cool

Comment

Working...
                              X