Shelf Rests and Side Plate Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelf Rests and Side Plate Removal

At what point do you guys replace the felt on your shelf and side plates?
    I am the third owner of the Sage i have and it is showing some wear on these areas. The rest has a well defined groove where the arrow rides but i dont feel that is too much of an issue at this time. The main thing is the side plate. It looks to me to be more of a synthetic material and has a nice little groove in it too. Plus its starting to make a little screeching noise at the draw.
    I guess my real question is how easy are these to remove? I know the rest is a self adhesive. Is the side plate the same, and what material do you find to be better suited for hunting and getting long life from them? Its a relatively cheap part to replace, but i want it to last as long as possible.

I started using calf hair about a year and a half ago. Felt and similar products wear down and can have an effect on tune. The calf hair doesn't wear as fast and has less effect when it does because there is hardly any changes in thickness when the hai eventually begins to wear off. It last a long long time and super quiet! If you need to replace just peel off and stick a new one on.

Comment

I went with one of these for my strike plate.

For the shelf rest I simply use a small piece of black Velcro (the soft and fuzzy part).

Richard.

Comment

Fuzzy side of self-stick Velcro for both rest and sideplate on all my bows!

Bisch

Comment

For you velcro users, how big a piece and any specific brand/thickness i should look for?
          If its not to much trouble, could you post a pic of what your setup looks like?

Comment

Mine is a small piece about as big as a dime, trimmed to fit. My bows have a slight rise on the shelf (I don't know if all recurves do) and I just place it right at the apex of that rise. Standard thickness stuff from Wal-Mart.

Richard.

Comment

This is Velcro stuff I assume.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess i'll be headed to Wally World this afternoon on the way home,

Thanks fellas

Comment

Remove the old adhesive residue with some nail polish remover and clean with some denatured alcohol. Let thoroughly dry before sticking down the new.

Comment

Working...
                  X