Boy Scouts will allow girls to join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Troops who are chartered under faith based organizations have the right to not accept members who are of the GLBT life choice. Or however it is defined. This is in the still protected right of Christian religious beliefs.

However as younger scouts, cubs, the girls will meet separately. This will allow families to have outings together without separating and or having to make choices of whom and when meetings and outings are attended.

I doubt any man on this forum would openly say that his son deserves the opportunity to hunt and fish but his daughter does not.

BSA recognizes that girl scouts does not offer the opportunities offered to the BSA members and that not allowing the females to enjoy the experience, training and leadership development offered to the young men is depriving half of our community what the other half has openly available.

The Dens would be gender specific, the pack would be coed. Still a mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdrake View Post
      There is uncertainty if the same Charter rights will be implemented under this new policy. An organization built for Boys is a a lot different than taking your daughter hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So girls can't be trained in leadership, community involvement, outdoor skill, survival, cooking, camping, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, shooting, archery . . . etc? What is the problem with the young ladies being treated as equals?

Or is this a matter of "separate but equal" for gender instead of race?

Comment

I'm a pre-2015 Eagle Scout and **** proud of it. The BSA has gone from the Boy Scouts of American to caving to the political "Bull S*** of America." I'm sick and tired of this crap.

My son WILL NOT be a part of this BS organization.

Lord Baden Powell would be rolling over in his grave.
        Last edited by UltraMax; 10-11-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

There are Boy Scouts and there are Girl Scouts. If you are not happy with the way the Girl Scouts are going, then improve them. There is no reason to incorporate females into the Boy Scouts other than to destroy it's integrity. It's a **** agenda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree it's an agenda. But it's an agenda to provide to the whole community what only half enjoy now.

Comment

So girls can't be trained in leadership, community involvement, outdoor skill, survival, cooking, camping, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, shooting, archery . . . etc? What is the problem with the young ladies being treated as equals?

Maybe the Girl Scouts need to ramp up their programs, it's GIRL Scouts for God sakes. Making "Boy" Scouts full Coed is NOT the answer.

It's BOY Scouts dude.

Comment

Then why doesn't the Girl Scouts do all of those things?

Comment

In most countries in the world Boy Scouts is Co Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                    Maybe the Girl Scouts need to ramp up their programs, it's GIRL Scouts for God sakes. Making "Boy" Scouts full Coed is NOT the answer.

It's BOY Scouts dude.

Exactly!

Comment

We are not most countries

Comment

For whatever reason the good ole USofA finds it hard to change in some ways. That is what makes us strong and unique in many ways. Unfortunately GSA does not offer the same experience BSA does and refuses to adjust it's program. So many dads have daughters who feel left out of the fun and fulfillment their brothers get to experience. They left the GS program because it wasn't offered there.

Comment

I surprise, it's 2017.

Comment

Most countries of the world are not capitalist, have horrid restricting gun laws and have oppressive laws imposed on their people....... In other words, I don't give two flying effs what goes on in "other countries." Keep the Boy Scouts the way it should be, BOY Scouts.

If a Coed Venture Crew starts then so be it, but that is not main stream Boy Scouting.

Comment

I thank god every day that I don’t live in any of those other countries.

It’s amazing How girls made it to this point without being in the Boy Scouts?

Why don’t the people that want their girls to have the same opportunities simply start a new organization??
                              Because at the end Of the day their goal is to simply destroy what once was a great institution just like what is happening with the nfl now.
                              The fools playing the game have no idea that they are just being played like pawns by people that would love nothing more than destroy another, once great, institution that allowed men to be men. The goal is to emasculate and that’s one reason we have so many snowflakes today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

By the time they are teens you loose too many. Starting them young gives the family more of an opportunity to unify and enjoy it as a unit.

Does is create challenges? Yes. But as a qualified, active and dedicated member of the scouting organization I believe the opportunities and benefits of what the organization offer far outweigh the challenges and pitfalls.

I promise you the vast majority of nay sayers have not and will not be the ones committing their time and effort to building the character of the young men and women of America.

Comment

Working...
                                X