Cheap Night Hunting Laser like ND3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Night Hunting Laser like ND3

I had an ad pop up on facebook a couple of days ago for Ade Advanced Optics. They sell a Laser Designator like the ND3 for $60. It came with a quick release mount and windage and elevation adjustments. Thought what the heck and pulled the trigger. Turned out to be a pretty good little unit. The Specs are 5mw adjustable beam 1" tube and mount.

My initial thoughts. It is bright! I have not had a chance to shoot with it but I did mount it on my 7mm-08 with a Nikon 4-16 Monarch FFP scope. Took about 30 seconds to get the windage and elevation to match my retical. I was able to spot out to 160 yards and found that with the zoom on the laser set at narrow the dot was only about 8" across with it set at full it was not bright enough to see but set at about 4' diameter it was perfect. I could see the cross hairs and the bark pattern on the tree I was aiming at.

I found out after doing some research they make a 20mw version for $78. I have one on order and will update once i get it in next week. I will also try to post some pictures or video of the 5mw tonight.

Links for the 5mw from Amazon
    http://a.co/cYSIgu0

Link to 20mw on Ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331321946597

Marked for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it actually laser or just light? Curious because, if I'm not mistaken, hogs can see the laser spectrum of light which is different than say white light with a red or green cover lense.

Comment

It is a laser. I am taking it hunting Friday night. I will report out on how the hogs and coyotes react. Normally I use an ATN X-Sight 2. I am going to let my dad use it and I am going to try the laser.

Comment

I have used them at night. If the hogs can see it they sure didn't act like it. I would start out with the beam wide, pic one then narrow it down on its ear.

Comment

I do not see the purpose of this device.

Comment

It allows you to hunt hogs and predators with a higher chance of success than shining a bright white light at them. It is more power full than red or green flashlights in this price range

Comment

Neat laser! Going to look into one now!

Comment

Originally posted by ba1005 View Post
                  Neat laser! Going to look into one now!

X2

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter74 View Post
                    It is a laser. I am taking it hunting Friday night. I will report out on how the hogs and coyotes react. Normally I use an ATN X-Sight 2. I am going to let my dad use it and I am going to try the laser.
                    Any update? How did it perform?

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
                      Any update? How did it perform?
                      X2

Comment

So it is definitely worth the $60. I did not have an opportunity to kill anything with it due to the fog and rain kept coming on and off but did play with it in the dark. I put it on a 6.5 Grendel using a 3x9 Redfield scope. I could easily see and shoot out to 100 yards. This was just shooting at a paper target. I used cows and calves as a substitute for hogs (no I did not shoot a cow). Found that the light has the power to go way out there. the issue was the retical of the scope. I think if the scope was illuminated you could make a 200 yard shot with out much of a problem.

Battery lasted for the hour or 2 we played with it. that was on and off not a constant on.
                        The picatinny mount held zero after 15-20 shots and being bounced around in the truck.
                        Down side. if there is the slightest mist, rain or fog it does not work just washes out the scope and has a very short effective range.

DO NOT order the 20mw from the link above. I got that one in yesterday and is the same 5mw version when I emailed the seller he told me that sticker was not correct. I called BS. I have not had a chance to compare the lights anyplace but in a dark room and they appear to be identical in brightness.

Comment

Working...
                        X