X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    That's why we get paid more. First laid off and generally gone the most

I agree with the rest

I got hurt the first time by being that young dumb one now I have no worries other than what I would do with the extra time home
    Yes sir. I understand that. I don't have a problem with your pay and I understand the reason for it. My overpaid comment is mainly directed at the way bonus structures are set up and that isn't the drillers fault. I would prefer the bonuses to be for straighter verticals as well as how fast and safe y'all can drill it. But that's more from my perspective on the rod pumping side of things. A bad deviation sure plays hell with my rods, tbg, and pump. After rereading it, I probably should have left that "overpaid" comment out because from an outsiders view it would seem different than the way I meant it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
      Yes sir. I understand that. I don't have a problem with your pay and I understand the reason for it. My overpaid comment is mainly directed at the way bonus structures are set up and that isn't the drillers fault. I would prefer the bonuses to be for straighter verticals as well as how fast and safe y'all can drill it. But that's more from my perspective on the rod pumping side of things. A bad deviation sure plays hell with my rods, tbg, and pump. After rereading it, I probably should have left that "overpaid" comment out because from an outsiders view it would seem different than the way I meant it.
      Yea I agree that makes for lots of problems for yall.. After pumping several years lots of what we have to do annoys me

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Hopefully all the nonsense per diem, phones, company trucks, extreme salaries, non sense write offs and all that will come to a slow halt

Because it is rediculous the money oilfields throw around because they can
        Democrat

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Democrat
          Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
            It was Whiting. They let go quite a number of different positions all the way down to trick drivers.
            We had a truck that followed a Whiting rig around the Whicket area. That truck got cut lose last week because they laid off 4 service rigs with more coming after the first of the year.

Whiting is in a bind because of buying leases for too much money when oil was high and now they can't justify reworking these old wells out here.

Comment

Hopefully all the nonsense per diem, phones, company trucks, extreme salaries, non sense write offs and all that will come to a slow halt

I tell you what. My company can cut all that out if you are willing to come cook all our crew meals everyday on your dime while they are at work living in a hotel away from their family and then drive them everywhere everyday they need to go to do their job and we can use your cell phone to field all the calls and check all the work emails that have to be fielded out in the field while working. Would that make you happy?

Wow! The statements made by those that are jealous of the money and perks others get for working away from their families doing a job most are not willing to do or not capable of doing just floors me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                  I tell you what. My company can cut all that out if you are willing to come cook all our crew meals everyday on your dime while they are at work living in a hotel away from their family and then drive them everywhere everyday they need to go to do their job and we can use your cell phone to field all the calls and check all the work emails that have to be fielded out in the field while working. Would that make you happy?

Wow! The statements made by those that are jealous of the money and perks others get for working away from their families doing a job most are not willing to do or not capable of doing just floors me.
                  Yep. Im not in the oil field ( though I do work for a oil tool co ) so Im not one of the evil rich oil field guys ( my brother is though he isnt rich by any means ) but it gets old seeing the jealousy. It takes a certain kind of person to deal with being gone all the time and missing time with family. IMO yall deserve whatever you can get because of what yall sacrifice. I dont have the guts to do it but you wont hear me whining about the compensation of those that do. Pure jealousy.

Comment

I just get tired of people thinking we're all getting paid 5 million dollars a year to work 20 hours a week, when the truth is, it's closer to 3 million for 26 hours a week.

Comment

Sooooo any service companies in need of a geologist who isn't afraid to get dirty??

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        I just get tired of people thinking we're all getting paid 5 million dollars a year to work 20 hours a week, when the truth is, it's closer to 3 million for 26 hours a week.

Dang you gotta work 26 hours a week

You need to find a better paying job, they are taking advantage of you..

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                          Sooooo any service companies in need of a geologist who isn't afraid to get dirty??
                          I don't know of any. If I hear something will keep you in mind

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            I don't know of any. If I hear something will keep you in mind
                            I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Yep. Im not in the oil field ( though I do work for a oil tool co ) so Im not one of the evil rich oil field guys ( my brother is though he isnt rich by any means ) but it gets old seeing the jealousy. It takes a certain kind of person to deal with being gone all the time and missing time with family. IMO yall deserve whatever you can get because of what yall sacrifice. I dont have the guts to do it but you wont hear me whining about the compensation of those that do. Pure jealousy.
                              I don't think it is jealousy as much as maybe an irritation of some story many of us have been told by people in the industry. Sometimes they may make it sound even better than it is.

For example. I have family that work putting 4 or 6 bolts on the top of the well after it is "drilled" . Supposedly they pay him +$2k each to put these 4 or 6 bolts in and you have to be certified/licensed/? to tighten these bolts.

On the flip side of that however, if there wasn't crazy money being thrown into west Texas crude, we would STILL have $100 barrel oil. It is all this crazy money being spent that allowed oil to come back down because of increased supply.

What I hope, is that our O&G can continue after trimming the fat and compete at $40-60 dollar oil, so prices can stay at these levels that could help our O&G and the other industries of our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                                PM me. I don't work for a service company but I can pass your résumé along.

Comment

Working...
                                X