• Show
Clear All

Not in the test

YET. 3" foam on bottom.

Oh, and B. Made in Longview Texas!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      That is 5 beers per hour. I dont think you will be able to walk to the cooler after the 4th hour. Maybe we could just prop you up close to them.
      Re-read my post ... I said I'd GET the beers ... even I know I couldn't drink that much!

Comment

good info

Comment

Sorry, did not read all the posts as I will not dump $500 + on a cooler. We have a reach-in freezer on a trailer we bring to camp, and a generator (both were less than the Yeti.) Have a few Colemans and Ice....$500+ for a cooler???

Comment

I had bought a large igloo or rubbermaid every year for several years. I now have several igloos and rubbermaid with aftermarket and broken hinges and latches sitting in the shed that i dont use. I have had my yeti for three years and it has spent 300 days a year in the back of my truck and has all of its latches and hinges in pristine shape. I plan on buying another for longer trips, because long-term the price is worth it.

Hunter1, If you dont take out your drain plug it doesnt create a vacuum and the lid will open easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              Re-read my post ... I said I'd GET the beers ... even I know I couldn't drink that much!
              But it would be fun to try, wouldn't it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                I had bought a large igloo or rubbermaid every year for several years. I now have several igloos and rubbermaid with aftermarket and broken hinges and latches sitting in the shed that i dont use. I have had my yeti for three years and it has spent 300 days a year in the back of my truck and has all of its latches and hinges in pristine shape. I plan on buying another for longer trips, because long-term the price is worth it.

Hunter1, If you dont take out your drain plug it doesnt create a vacuum and the lid will open easily.
                OK, I look at high dollar coolers different. Our land is 1/2 hour from the house.......if further or I was packing in I would consider one....done the research and they seem really good

Comment

Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  You couldn't even hang last year Mr. "gotta go to the room and take a nap"!

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                    OK, I look at high dollar coolers different. Our land is 1/2 hour from the house.......if further or I was packing in I would consider one....done the research and they seem really good
                    I just really like cold beer so its easier to carry my own and not have to count on others to have ice in their cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                      Not in the test

YET. 3" foam on bottom.

Oh, and B. Made in Longview Texas!
                      What brand are these? How much do they run?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                        I just really like cold beer so its easier to carry my own and not have to count on others to have ice in their cooler!
                        Im with you on that one....are the Yeti's that good? which size did you get?

Comment

The yetis may hold ice for the longer run, although many will even argue that.

However, none of those aforementioned coolers will hold ice worth a darn if they are opened multiple times per day.

I just haven't been able to justify the expense. I mean, Buccees ice is $0.99 for a 20 lb bag. However, I don't make many long trips either. Deer lease is 30 minutes down the road. Fishing trips on the boat generally only last a day. Ice chest on boats are opened to often to hold ice very long anyways.

Just buy what makes you

I will not place judgement on someone spending $400 for a cooler. Can't say I've ever done that, however, I'm sure that I have spent $400 on something else that others couldn't justify either.

Comment

".....but it does sound like some of the people on your blog that are praising Yeti do"

If you spend that much money on a cooler(which i think is silly), it's gonna be the greatest...whether it really is or not.

I have Igloo and Coleman. Neither is great at keeping ice more than a couple of day in summer heat and the hinges, latches and that lid holder thingy all suck. I'll keep buy new hinges and skip the Yeti.

Comment

Coleman Marine with Optimaxx insulation is the ticket for extended surf fishing trips along South Padre Island.

Fishing the surf zone during July - September, temps hit the high 90s...no shade with night temps averaging 87 degrees (the same temp as the surf's water zone). I can roll for 3-4 days and still have ice left without even covering the box up very well from the sun. Frozen 1 gallon water jugs with frozen 16 ounce water bottles lining the bottom is the ticket. The frozen jugs keep the ice enclosed and semi insulated from blasts of hot air when the lid is opened. I don't rely on crush ice when I'm on the coast.....frozen jugs are the only way to go and using this tact....even lower cost ice chests can maintain longer than bagged ice.

Coleman Marine ice chests are the US Coast Guard standard

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                                What brand are these? How much do they run?
                                yeah x2 i live in henderson and would like to know????

Comment

Working...
                                X