No announcement yet.

Inheritance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d prefer to leave my kids something. Hopefully it will teach them to appreciate the hand out & desire to be responsible enough to help their children. The way I see it, it won’t get any easier generation to the next so if I can help my kids out some then I’m all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      YES!

I feel the same but will also spend it how I want. But naturally I am a Dave Ramsey saver so I will naturally have money and inheritance to pass one.

It is their money....but alot of these people who say they won't leave anything are the same ones who weren't ever left anything, and are in debt now
      My Grandfather passed away a little over a year ago - Very modest factory worker. My Grandma is still alive, but they lived in a house they owned, and had a car that was paid for. No real debt to speak of. We had vacations every year together, and they would spend months at a time in the winter at Mom's house.

Not a lot of anything to dole out to my Mom or Uncle, but it just didnt matter. Both my Mom and Uncle are great people and we all live well. Not multi millionaires by any stretch, but not one Cousin really struggles for much, and me and my Brothers have enough of what we want, that we dont need anything.

I think those vacations every year growing up / couple events that we attended together as a Family meant way more than any savings that would have happened without taking them.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        yes!

I feel the same but will also spend it how i want. But naturally i am a dave ramsey saver so i will naturally have money and inheritance to pass one.

It is their money....but alot of these people who say they won't leave anything are the same ones who weren't ever left anything, and are in debt now
        naturally

Comment

Our primary source of income is my military retirement and VA checks which will cease when I pass. Thus my wife would be left with social security and a small military survivor benefit as income. So, I have been prudent in saving/investing/accumulating to provide for her without any impact on our lifestyle. The lesson here is start early and do a bit each paycheck and it will add up. And, term life is a good way to cover gaps when you are young. Get a good financial planner and listen and heed their advice.

Of course, if my wife dies before I do, well then if I'm still spry enough to own a ranch, I'll have one. If I'm not, then my kids will get a handful when I pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            I've been broke, and I dang sure don't plan on checking out of here broke. Mine will have a good amount of stuff because I plan on having it as long as Im here. I hope I can leave millions in cash, thermal scopes, safe room of suppressors and awsome guns, enough tools to fix most anything, land to hunt.....I LOVE MY TOYS
            I like your style.... in the market for a new son around 34 years old and a grandson that is 4?

Comment

My hope is that I/we can leave a little something for the kids/grandkids, plus give a little each year until we pass. To do that, we'll retire when we can live off of our investments' income...hopefully in the next 3-4 years.

Comment

I don't feel the need to leave a lot for the kids, but I don't want to die broke either. Unless someone can tell me the secret formula to know exactly when I will die and what expenses I will have up to that point. Then I can plan to die at breakeven.

Comment

Always tell my kids when I die the 1st check they write is gonna bounce. I'm trying to leave them something but my hunting and fishing addiction is cutting into their money.

Comment

For all that say "spend it all before I die" how are you gonna know when you will die??

Comment

Hope to leave some land to my kids. I am an only child and my parents plan to leave me their paid off home and other items. But I told them I hope they live life to the fullest and if I don’t get anything when they die I am fine. I am an able bodied person and make my own means happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                        Should you go in your sleep at an old age of natural causes, yes, I agree.

On the other hand, life insurance is a must in the case of sudden death.
                        Why is life insurance a must?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Why is life insurance a must?
                          You would assume he means in the event of sudden death that his family is squared away.. no?

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                            I hope to leave mine a big spread of land that they may live on if they choose.
                            thats what u think

it always ends up in a family feud bc one wants to sell or doesnt approve of others use etc..

Comment

I have told both of my sons to go make their way in life and not plan on getting anything from us. If there happens to be something left when my wife and I die they will get it. Of course, the longivity gene is strong on both my wife and my side. One of us should make it into our 90s which would put our kids in their 60s maybe even 70. Our money wont do them much good at that point as far as improving their lifestyle.

Like others have mentioned, it is more important for us to help them out here and there to achieve some things in life and to create memories together. I took both of my sons to a World Series game.....things like that are very important to my wife and I. Why wait until we are dead for them to enjoy our money?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                You would assume he means in the event of sudden death that his family is squared away.. no?
                                Im not sure but it is kind of a blanket statement that is why I was asking.

Comment

Working...
                                X