Wallet Destroying Credit Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallet Destroying Credit Cards?

I am looking at getting a new wallet right now as mine is wore out. My problem is that I am constantly wearing out my debit and credit cards. What wallet do you guys use to prevent this or what other things can I do?

Wearing out the magnetic strips or cracking them?

I try and avoid sitting on my wallet whenever possible, driving, sitting at my desk, etc.

Comment

I put mine in the little sleeves academy gives out for hunting licenses.

Comment

My card on card was what my problem was- when I changed places and have the strip on leather I haven’t had anymore issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

I try and avoid sitting on my wallet whenever possible, driving, sitting at my desk, etc.
          Your smart phone (magnetometer) will do more damage to them than simply sitting on them.

Comment

Front pocket wallet

Comment

Not sure exactly what style you are looking for, but I made the switch to a money clip type wallet and I have been very happy with this: https://shop.celticshield.com
              Veteran owned and operated, been in pocket for several years and it's good as new.

Sam T

Comment

I have always worn out CC in any wallet I've ever had. I think it has something to do with my tight, muscular gluteus.

Comment

I use a paper sleeve from the bank on my cards that way the strip doesn't get worn out. I paper sleeve em then put in my card holder in my wallet. As for a wallet I use a long wallet, maybe like a check book style or cowboy wallet. Gucci of course

Comment

I used to wear out the magnetic strips a lot, several years ago I started carrying each card in one of the CC sleeves. problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      Your smart phone (magnetometer) will do more damage to them than simply sitting on them.
                      I had a problem with cracking them in half and a general dislike of sitting on my wallet.

Comment

Tyvek credit card sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

The strips wear off fast and then the occasional crack as well

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            I put mine in the little sleeves academy gives out for hunting licenses.
                            Good think! What type of wallet do you carry?

Comment

I have had a Trayvax for a little over a year that I like. Usually in the cargo pockets of my pants or on the dash board. Cards have held up well.

Comment

Working...
                              X