Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions?..helicopter pig control while in stand deer hunting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Comment

That’s awful, dangerous situation

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
        That’s awful, dangerous situation
        my first thought as well. complete disregard for human life shooting like that towards a feeder when folks bowhunt real close.

Comment

Aren't helicopters required to have tail numbers like fixed wing aircraft? Was anyone able to get a pic with of/with the numbers or at least write them down?

Comment

Holy crap. That could have ended badly. I hope y’all figure out who it was. That’s a huge safety issue as well as hunter harassment. Get em!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any updates to this?

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                Any updates to this?
                GW is still investigating, landowner said he would let us know
                Something as soon as he does....hunting is improving some
                Due to the absence of the copter

Comment

how much acreage is this? I don't think a pilot would make this type of error. fencelines are incredibly easy to see from the air.

Comment

Will say it again. Shoot back

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      how much acreage is this? I don't think a pilot would make this type of error. fencelines are incredibly easy to see from the air.
                      Our place is 600ac..the place to our west which did have landowner approval is only 100ac. We do have our suspicions on who gave the pilot the ok but landowner doesn’t want to jump the gun and question him until it is confirmed

Comment

I don't know if this is the state or not, but I can guarantee you the landowner did not give permission to do this while you where on the ranch. We have the state guys fly over and shoot coyotes, but the first thing they ask is anyone going to be on the ranch. They will not fly or shoot out of a helicopter if anyone is on the ranch period. I would definitely get with the landowner and ask.

Comment

I hope things work out. That whole situation is messed up.

Comment

Actually pretty safe. Shooting down with buckshot at fairly close range. It would irritate me but he is doing what hired to do

Comment

It was the state trapper, verified already by the GW..some of the guys hunting out here are DPS troopers. Our Land owner did not ok this and wouldn’t have regardless if there were hunters on it or not..he’s a lawyer, there’s to much liability. With as long as the GW is taking to investigate this tells me there may have been some shady crap going on...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostskull View Post
                                it was the state trapper, verified already by the gw..some of the guys hunting out here are dps troopers. Our land owner did not ok this and wouldn’t have regardless if there were hunters on it or not..he’s a lawyer, there’s to much liability. With as long as the gw is taking to investigate this tells me there may have been some shady crap going on...
                                dps???

Comment

Working...
                                X