No announcement yet.

Observation Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made big headway today. Another neighbor is helping me out (another set of hands is extremely useful). Finished the pergola today. I’m pretty happy with it, it had its challenges, and didn’t come out quite as awesome as I had pictured in my minds eye, but I think it will be nice when the rest of the deck is done.

Drug the welder and some tools up top (about 17’ off the ground).

About half finished here. Added 1x3 rectangle tubing for the final layer

Nothing comfortable about sitting on that stuff while trying to weld.

Comment

Coming along nice!!!

Comment

Epic....epic deer stand. ....and nice pergola!

Comment

Originally posted by Soybean View Post
          Epic....epic deer stand. ....and nice pergola!

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
          Coming along nice!!!

Thanks guys. Hope to have the hand-rail completed some time next week.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Observation Deck

It’s been a long time coming but finally got this thing finished. May ad to it later...carport & or enclosure.

Hand rails completed

Painted: color of choice was red metal primer

Composite deck boards from Lowe’s. They are attached with 1/4” trailer-deck screws. Drilled a pilot hole first. There are some different shades, just because some were more exposed to the elements than others...while they were stacked, waiting to be installed.

I’m very happy with how it turned out. I welded some horseshoes around the pergola to hang bird feeders/plants or whatever, as well as a hammock.

Comment

Nice looking hang out spot

Comment

Nice project ! I can see potential for expansion too, if you go that route.

Comment

That is super cool, nice work

Comment

That looks like a great build, that will be great for observing as well as relaxing with a cold one
                      Well done

Comment

It was kind of a fun project. It will get plenty of use, no doubt. Hopefully it inspired a few folks to get creative with theirs.

Comment

Really cool work! I thought about adding a top deck to my container, but we really don't have a view from there. Now if I add another container on top for a two story build, I may put one on that container but that is down the road.

Comment

Working...
                          X